ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛsᴇᴛ

Age- 5
Warnings- none
Words- 1.2K+

                           ────

SCARLETT'S POV
"Are you ready" i say over excitedly lifting up y/n out of her car seat, she just groans rubbing her eyes as i set her on the ground. I move her out the way before closer the door and walking into the outset.

"Kate is super nice" i say taking y/n's hand trying to cheer her up, y/n has been dying to come with me to the outset as she hadn't been before nor met Kate or anyone, but I had to leave early which y/n didn't like so she's in a bit of a mood.

"Come on y/n, cheer up" i say shaking her hand, quickly stopping as she whines at me loudly yanking her hand back.

"I hold your hand or mommy has to carry you" i say trying to take her hand back, she thinks for a moment before lifting her arms in the air to be carried.

"Ah ah, I know your tricks" i raise my eyebrow taking her hand again as she sighs and walks through the doors with me, as soon as I would lift up y/n, she would fall right back asleep and I didn't need a grumpy child again later.

"Scarlett" someone squeals as the door shuts, I turn around swiftly to catch Kate walking in.

"Kate" i say back with the same excitement and give her a hug, Kate talks a bit before waving down to y/n who hides behind my leg.

"What's this cutie's name" Kate coos bending down to y/n's height. Y/n shifts holding my leg tighter and moving her entire body behind my left leg.

"Since when were you shy" i tease moving out the way a bit, almost falling over due to how tight y/n was holding onto my leg as I was trying to move.

Me and Kate continued our conversation whilst I lifted up y/n onto my hip making our way through to the main room.

"Mommy has to go live, can you play down here with your toys" i ask setting y/n down with her little backpack beside her.

Y/N'S POV
Mommy told me she was going live with the new girl Kate, i don't know what live meant so I sat on the floor staring up at mama and Kate as they sat down on the sofa.

They had an iPad on a grey stand and a circle light behind the iPad, i say there confused looking between mommy and Kate as the sat smiling waiting at the iPad.

"Y/n play with your toys" mama whispers pointing to my backpack, i slowly unzip my bag and quietly take out my toys as mama starts talking on the iPad.

There was another woman on the screen as well, i slowly got up on my knees and crawled over to the sofa where mama's feet were and tried to look at the iPad, the woman sounded like my auntie.

Mama's hand slid down her leg and slowly pushed my face away without looking at me, i fell on my back dramatically hoping that mama would look at me but she didn't.

My first instinct was to cry but mama always said don't disturb her on the phone, I slowly got up to my feet and ran out the room into some other random room I found.

SCARLETT'S POV
By the end of the live y/n disappeared somewhere, I felt back because I had pushed her away at the start but I couldn't take my eyes of the screen because I knew things would be said and I didn't want y/n on the media.

"I'm just going to go see where y/n went to" i tell Kate standing up and leaving the room, i went through the first door trying to find where she could've went.

"Y/n" i call looking behind the door, finding her sat with her knees up to her chest and her head nesting on her knees as she hugged her legs.

"Y/n" i whispered gently shaking her slightly, she didn't reply so i careful picked her up under the armpits and up onto my hip realising she was sleeping, she moved a bit, opening her eyes and leaning back still half asleep

"Shh, your okay" i whisper guiding her head back down to my shoulder, i smiled walking out the room and back to Kate who had cleared all the lights away.

"Where was she" Kate asks tilting her head to look at y/n in awe.

"She was in the middle room asleep on the floor" i say frowning slightly and rocking on my legs slowly.

"Awh poor baby" Kate frowns also and we continue our small talk wrapping up what we're going to do next and next live streams and everything we had to do until it hit 11pm and we were free to go home.

I said my goodbyes to Kate and left the building with y/n who was slowly waking up

"Good morning" i joke stroking her cheek, she swiftly turns her head away leaning it back on my shoulder. I opened the car door placing y/n in her seat as she stayed silent looking the other way out the window not reacting when I kissed her forehead.

I got in the front and drove off back home with no conversation like we normally do, i was confused she's always got something to talk about.

I pulled into the drive way silently turning of the engine and getting out, letting y/n out who as soon as it let down runs straight to the front door not looking back, waiting for me to unlock it.

I unlocked the front door and before I could blink y/n was off and ran away upstairs probably to her room.

I took of my shoes, locking the door and rushing up the stairs after y/n.

"Y/n" i knock on her door waiting for an answer, i didn't get a reply so after a few seconds I walked in and saw her crouched down the side of her bed in the same position she was in when I found her in that room at work.

"Hey baby what's wrong" i kneel down in front of her rubbing her arms, i knew she was awake with the way she turned her head away from me when I kneeled down.

"What's wrong, what did i do" i rub the top of her head as she mumbles something

"Huh, what was that" i scoot closer to her resting my chin my her head

"You pushed my face away" she mumbled louder, my heart broke, I didn't mean to upset her, she was just trying to see who was on the live.

"Oh I'm sorry" i coo lifting her onto my lap rocking us slightly on the ground. I explained a bit about what a live video is and how I didn't want anyone to see her and take photo's and videos.

"Can you forgive mama" i say moving the little strands of her from her eyes and mouth, she nods her head giving me her cute smile and wrapping her arms around my neck.

────