chapter 51

R E A L I T Y

No.

I won't believe it.

The man I met months ago isn't the man standing behind me right now.

It can't be.

Realization hits me in an instant.

"Diavolo," the word faintly leaves my lips and my heart drops.

She was right.

Silvia was right.

He sighs, his breath tickling my neck.

"I thought you'd like your little gift, tesoro," he says walking out from behind me and towards a table I hadn't noticed had weapons on it. Bloody weapons.

"You thought I'd fucking like this?" I ask turning to him in disbelief. "You're torturing a man half to death an- and I'm supposed to like this?" I ask walking towards him.

"Watch your tone," he warns, lifting a knife as he cleans it with a cloth.

"Watch my tone?" I sarcastically laugh. "This- this is-" I shake my head and the door opens.

"Oh, stop whining you brat," Sylvester groans and I whip around to face him. He let's out a groan in pain as a knife flies into his side.

My eyes widen as I turn to Antonio.

"You don't get to talk to my girl like that," Antonio says and walks over to Sylvester.

My heart rate picks up as I watch him twist the knife - like it's nothing - in Sylvester's side.

Bile rises in my throat as I uncomfortably shift.

Footsteps descend from the stairs and I turn around, anxiously waiting for whoever it is to appear.

Cesar?

"Ah," Cesar softly says, his eyebrows shooting up. "I see you've decided to show her your little secret," he says and I look at him in disbelief.

He casually walks over to the table, placing a box down onto it.

"She can be... persistent," he shrugs his shoulders and the two of them both share a little smile. Sylvester joins in with a little laugh but Antonio's head snaps down to him, pressing the knife in further, as if to say without words, why are you laughing.

"Are you guys serious? You're acting like this is normal but you're sick in the head," I say looking between them.

"I've never claimed otherwise," Antonio says, walking towards me but I step back.

"I wanna go back up," I swallow hard and he slightly tilts his head to the side.

"So you don't like your gift then?" he asks and I look over at Sylvester who hangs extremely still.