Midnight Snack | Rosé

Requested? | Yes✅
Dreaming_Insomnia

Genre | Fluff

Word count | 2082

-

The sound of a rumbling stomach echoed around the dim and quiet room. The night was far from over, the stars and moon were still visible in the dark sky. Midnight was nearing, and yet I found myself laid on my bed, wide awake.

Hunger was clouding my mind and preventing me from getting a good night's rest. Unlike my girlfriend who was sleeping like a log beside me, I was staring at the ceiling above us, unable to feel a single drop of drowsiness.

I wanted to go the outside and make myself something sweet to eat. But with my lack of knowledge in anything that involves the kitchen, I was hesitant. The last time I tried to cook, the whole house almost went up in smoke.

Baking was also out of my reach. Although it didn't require fire to cook what I wanted, my clumsiness got in the way and made the process incredibly difficult. Hell, I couldn't even bake cookies without causing a mess.

My girlfriend, Park Chaeyoung/Rosé, forbid me from ever entering the kitchen again. She was afraid I would get hurt, and so the only time I could go in there was when I needed to take something from the fridge.

I had no complaints on the matter, even I knew I was a hazard in there. But this time, I couldn't take it any longer and just had to eat something to relieve my hunger. Something sweet, a midnight snack just before I sleep.

I didn't want to wake Chaeyoung up from her wonderful slumber just to have her make me something. My beloved girlfriend has had a long day, and all the stress she acquired instantly knocked her out the moment she laid down.

Thus, I made my way to the kitchen alone while making sure Rosie doesn't wake up─ but that was a rather impossible task.

I could wake up even the neighbors with my loud, clumsy ass. And Rosé was just upstairs, a place where she could definitely hear the unintentional clangs of metal I'd make.

I had to do this carefully, make too much noise and the whole neighbourhood might just come knocking on our door to state their complaints. "Now then, what should I make?"

I pondered for a while, thinking deeply of what I wanted to eat. It had to be sweet and easy to make, something that wasn't time-consuming. If I stay out for too long, Chaeyoung might wake up from the lack of warmth beside her.

That woman was rather clingy and preferred being by my side at all times. Always following me around and hugging me when she gets the chance, not like I mind though. I love her company and like being with her, as well.