Security Breach-Keys

I smirked as the road broke and started lifting into a ramp to get Millie's character and Blue Shirt Guy through the buildings that Mouser coded to squish them. I held back a laugh when Mouser angrily smacked his desk and stood up.

"Okay, who did that? Who is doing that? Don't play with me! Seriously! I'm under way too much pressure!"

We all watched as Blue Shirt Guy and Molotov Girl sped down the street. They skid across the top of the parking garage, almost falling off the roof. I crossed my arms over my chest and stepped around the pole that Keys was hiding behind. Keys leaned back against the pole and let out a sigh of relief.

"Nice one."

I smiled when Keys jumped. "Y/N," he stuttered. "I can explain."

When I saw Antwon angrily storming into the office, I lifted my finger to my lips. Keys followed my gaze and quickly ducked back behind the pole.

"I just checked with security. Keys hasn't left the building," Johnathan told Antwan.

"Sounds like you've done everything possible," Antwan said sarcastically. "Time to give up? You wanna give up?"

"No," Johnathan stuttered, "I'm sensing you want me to keep looking."

"Go," Antwan barked.

"Geez," I sighed. "Is there anyone in this office who isn't terrified of that guy?"

"You're not," Keys shrugged. I smiled at him, my face burning.

"Hate to break it to you," I said, slightly clearing my throat, "but this is the worst hiding place in the entire office building."

"You got a better idea?"

I reached my hand down to him and playfully wiggled my fingers. He smiled before reaching up and grabbing my hand. Once he was on his feet, I expected him to let go of my hand but he didn't.

"Where did you have in mind?"

"Kevin left last week," I started to explain. "His office is still empty. And since the guy was kind of a creep, no one goes in or out of it. It's perfect."

"I didn't even think about that," he whispered.

My face burned as we walked down the hallway with our hands still intertwined. It wasn't until we walked into the empty office that Keys let go of my hand. The second that Keys let go of my hand, I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Thanks for this," he said as we walked into the empty office.

"Of course," I shrugged. I was about to leave, but Keys stopped me.

"Wait," he stuttered. He hesitated before adding, "You want to stay? You could explain to me what the heck is Dude?"

"That is not my fault!" I said quickly making Keys laugh. "I tried to tell Antwan that a buff, shirtless, idiot version of Blue Shirt Guy was a bad idea, but he didn't care. Antwan did the coding on him so, naturally, he has half a brain. You should've seen my design for him."

"Can I?"

"Sure," I shrugged as I grabbed his laptop.

We sat on Kevin's couch as I went into the company's server and pulled up my design. As I turned his laptop towards him, I noticed that I was more nervous showing Keys my design than I was showing it to Antwan.

"So?" I asked when he had been staring at my design for two minutes without saying anything. "What do you think?"

"Y/N, this is amazing!" He laughed. "I can't believe Antwan didn't want to use it."