Chapter 22

Abrianna

Because of what Dylan has decided as my punishment, I have been busy as fuck for the past few days. Naging sunod-sunod ang mga meetings na kailangan kong i-attend dahil kailangan ko ngang i-turn over ang mga hawak kong projects sa ibang tao. It even came to the point wherein I have to stay in the conference room the whole day just to finalize everything with the clients.

It felt like a storm has stroke my team. Ang dami naming kailangang ipasa at pirmahan. We were jumping from one department to another just to ask copies and records of the files we need. It was frustrating honestly because I am working my ass off not to gain but to lose. Nakakapagod at nakakakagalit.

That's why every time I meet Dylan during our meeting, I would give him a death glare. He is the reason why I am losing my projects.

I know my situation reached the board but I think Dylan handled it already because they were not saying anything whenever we asked them to sign some documents. It was like they were commanded to just obliged and shut their mouth because we never heard a single word of sermon from them.

They were silenced kaya kahit papaano naging madali ang pag-process ko sa mga papers namin. And I think that is what Dylan wants ― my immediate resignation from my projects. Tsk.

Because of the hectic schedule and loads of work, I often skipped lunch and dinner. Palagi kasi akong nag-oovertime para lamang maihabol ang mga presentations and reports ko for tomorrow's meeting. That's why I always leave the office usually around eight or nine in the evening. It was a good thing Cervantes was really patient around me. He never complained nor questioned 'yong late kong pag-uwi. He would just ask how everything is going on and if there anything I want him to do for me. But of course, I would always say none kasi ayaw ko ngang makialam siya.

Alam ko namang nagtitimpi lamang siya sa nangyayari. Pinipigilan niya lamang na huwag magalit kahit nakikita niya kung gaano ako kapagod kapag umuuwi ako because he knows that if he gets mad, it will only create a fight between us. He doesn't want to worsen the situation I can see it that it is why he is trying his best to understand me.

But there was only one moment that he got mad at me for real. It was when he found out that I didn't have a proper meal for a day.

"You only had coffee this morning and now you're telling me you haven't eaten anything else for this day? What the fuck are you thinking, Abrianna? Are you even aware what time is it already? It's past time for dinner for god's sake! Do you plan to starve yourself to death?"

"I lose track of time, okay? And tone down your voice, will you?"

"What time are you leaving? I'll fetch you. You are abusing yourself, Abrianna."

When he came, I honestly thought he'll bombard me with sermons that's why I prepared myself for an argument but it didn't happen. Instead, he treated me with silence. I thought he was just getting his time but even when we arrived at home, he never spoke a single word to me.

And it was new to me. We are always vocal when things are not going pretty well that is why seeing how he was ignoring me kinda feel different. Mas gugustuhin ko pang pagalitan niya na lamang ako kaysa huwag pansinin.

When he silently went upstairs, leaving me at the door, I felt a slight twitch in my heart.

"You really mad at me?" I softly asked after following him in our room.

He didn't answer. He was just blankly staring at me but I didn't dare look away even though I was feeling nervous. Nang hindi ko na kinaya ang tiim ng tingin niya ay umiwas ako. I heard him heaved a sigh and what he said next surprised me.