Chapter 20: Gremory vs Astaroth

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All images used belong to the respective owners, I do not own anything)

Previously we saw that the past torments of Raynare, her hauntings of the previous timeline in the form of nightmares and night terrors since a past week, she had woken up every night because of those night terrors. Issei tried his best to console her but it did not work, it kept increasing until during the training session when an unknown entity manages to take over her body, they tried to kill Issei but when the actual Raynare gets into control, she manages to hold them off while asking Issei to knock her out, which Kuroka does using Senjutsu, she is immediately taken to Azazel who finds out what is happening with her, apparently the past timeline Raynare, the one which had killed Issei and Asia had managed to find her way to this Raynare's body, Azazel then told them that time is ticking, if that soul is left unchecked this Raynare's soul will be destroyed and the old one will take over. Issei and the others then decided to fight against the soul before it is too late, they all go inside of Raynare's body one by one. After being inside of her body, they encounter the Raynare from the past timeline, who was mentally torturing this Raynare, they knew they had to save her, so they fought against her when she refused to leave this body. But it was not working, she was constantly regenerating from the attacks, despite everything that the team was throwing at them. Issei then realized that they had to save her since she was only stalling, using his boosted gear he made his voice into a microphone calling out to Raynare to fight those images, as they were not real. It worked and Raynare stood next to Issei and the others, as she smiled at them while her past counterpart was glaring at her in hatred. She then takes control of her body back from her and begins to fight her past self, overwhelming and defeating her as a result. Although she would love to kill her, she thinks that it would be best if Issei decided her fate, which he kills her to protect his family as she if kept alive would be nothing but a threat. The couple then share a tender moment as they then leave her body. Everyone then wakes up and Issei then rushes to Raynare who had just woken up as he was crying, afraid to lose her. They all go back to their house after the moment, where Raynare sleeps off immediately. The next day, Issei and Asia go shopping for not only the sports festival which is coming to school but also the Sitri peerage who are visiting the house, on the way they encounter Diodara Astaroth, who was quite persistent in winning Asia's heart, Issei in response tells him to leave, but when he ignores him once again. Issei punches him through the wall. Diodara tries using Ophis's snake, but Issei destroyed his McNuggets causing him to pass out, he then teleports him to an unknown location in the underworld before he and Asia head back home.

At Hyoudou Residence, 3:30 PM

Issei and Asia tell everyone what had happened to them while they went to shopping, they knew that Diodara was getting out of hand, Sona told them that she will talk to her sister to at the least stop him from coming, to which both Issei and Asia sighed in relief, the others present knew that they needed to strategize against their upcoming rating game with Seekvaria Agares, the heir of the Agares. Even despite their losing track record they are not to be taking lightly especially Seekvaria and her queen Alivian. 

Seekvaria's abilities of stopping time is considered to be a threat as if she could eliminate Sona, she could do so securing the win. Although not as strong as Issei's time stop ability, it was still pretty strong, the queen himself (A/N: The queen is a guy in this case) is a dragon so he might be able to hold himself of many times against the peerage even taking down some of the members. So they needed to plan carefully or they might be taken down if they let their guard down. Saji can use Vitra promotion but he highly doubts that it is strong enough to beat his dragon. And Sona if she can be taken out just like how Rias was during the Riser fight, with him focusing on the king it would be game, they would lose.