| xii ; goodbye rika

"Amazing. Truly amazing."

Geto leaned onto the wall as blood and burnt marks covered the right side of his body. He lost his right arm and part of his side, with his right eye no longer able to open.

"A power that can change the world. If only I had Rika or even Nacht, I wouldn't have to collect all these curses. Next time. Next time, they'll be mine!"

Just then, Geto noticed someone standing not far from him. Geto let out a smile as he crumbled to the ground.

"You finally made it, Satoru."

Gojo stood solemnly, staring at Geto's condition. His beautiful yet piercing blue eyes gazed over his former partner in both sadness and emptiness.

"So you'll be the one to take me down, huh?" Geto let out a pathetic laugh. "How's my family?"

"They all got away," Gojo answered. "Kyoto was your doing too, wasn't it?"

"Unlike you, I'm a kind person. You sent those three here knowing I'd defeat them and trigger Okkotsu's growth. You're lucky I spared that Fujiwara girl," Geto stated.

"It's called trust. People with beliefs like you won't kill young sorcerers without reason," Gojo responded.

Geto laughed, "Trust, huh? I didn't realise you still felt any connection with me. Give this back to him, will ya?"

Gojo instantly caught the card Geto threw at him. He looked down at it, realising it was Yuta's identification card.

"The elementary school was your doing?!"

"Yup."

"Why you...!" Gojo calmed himself down before asking Geto, "Any last words?"

"No matter what, I'll always hate those monkeys. But it's not like I hate everyone at Jujutsu High. It's just that in this world... I couldn't truly be happy from the bottom of my heart."

"Suguru," Gojo called before muttering the next few words to him.

Geto's eyes widened before he let out a smile, "You should at least curse me at the end."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Hey, Yuta! You okay?!"

"Leaf mustard!"

"Get ahold of yourself, Yuta or Y/N will die from shock!"

"Shut up!"

Yuta's eyes slowly opened as he was greeted by the golden-orange sky. "You guys..." He quickly sat up, observing each and everyone. "Your wounds... Y/N, Maki, Inumaki- Ah! Panda, your arm!"

"No worries. We're in a much better shape than you," Maki retorted.

"Unlike these guys, my arm can be replaced," Panda assured him. "Thanks for saving us."

"Yeah..." Yuta muttered before he looked at Y/N. She looked at him with sorrowful eyes, as if she was on the verge of tears.

"Yuta, I-"

"Y/N, I-"

"Yuta."

Everyone turned around at her voice. Yuta got up from the ground and began walking towards her, "Sorry for keeping you waiting, Rika."

Y/N felt her hand reach out for him before she could even process it. But he had already gone too far. Slowly, she retracted back her hand and remained silent.

"Yuta, what's wrong?" Panda asked.

Yuta's body jolted at the question. He turned around and anxiously laughed, "Um... In exchange for her powers, I agreed to go with her."