𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Sleep Through ~ VI

I had spent an average of three weeks at the Island alone, sometimes with Sienna since she had been willing to come along.

We'd do a bit of exercise, she would give me some massages after to ease the cramps and make me some delicious meals. For a snobby-looking person she was such an amazing chef and a down-to-earth person.

I had gotten to know a lot about her over the few weeks we had spent together. She adored playing tennis, mostly with her husband Ryan. She spent a lot of time babysitting her kids and spending quality time with them.

She worked as a part-time therapist but as a full time lawyer. She was currently working towards getting herself a Masters Degree in Law. Whenever she was staying with me, majority of her time if not spent with me, she'd be studying diligently. I really admired her, she was goal-oriented and focused.

I loved how trustworthy she was, and for the first time ever, I opened up to someone about my unresolved pain about my parents. I had been neglecting the emotions for so long, masking the pain behind a calm demeanour, when I was, in fact, falling apart emotionally.

I had cried the whole day and she did nothing but console me. She made sure I ate, she prepared some really amazing baths with the perfect temperature, and best of all, I could talk to her about anything.

Sienna had also opened up to me about her emotions and troubles. She had ranted for hours about how stressful her marriage and friendships were, and how she felt drained most of the time but had to pretend to be fine.

From the outside, she looked tough and perfect, but inside, she was a little girl who was so confused about everything, who had made many mistakes and just needed a long hug and ice-cream. And I gave her that.

There would be times where one of us would be extra sad and didn't want to talk, then we'd hug for hours. At some point we had fallen asleep in that position. I loved her for that, for showing me her vulnerable side. For showing me who she truly was on the inside.

We could spend hours late at night, chatting about our personal opinions on multiple controversial topics, about life in general and the troubles we had faced in our lifetime.

Sienna had slowly started to become like a best friend, I had never felt so connected to someone in terms of friendship like I had with her, we had a unique bond. And many times she told me she loved me. Three weeks had been enough to know that we had great potential to be close friends, like she had mentioned before.

Besides that, Yves and I frequently called each other. He'd ask about how I was doing, the baby's progress and health and how Sienna and I were getting along. In return, he'd tell me about Aiden and Katerina, his workplace and how the sales revenue had skyrocketed that week, and then about how he was.