Chapter 18 : Co-Operation

Both Chabashira and Ayanokouji at the moment,sitting on their respective sofas facing one another. A small veil of silence prevailed between them where neither of them spoke with one another. Sighing to himself, the Masterpiece of the White Room broke the silent ambience.

"So….what's the deal Chabashira-sensei? What's so important that I have to bunk a class to speak with you?"

"Don't worry about that Ayanokouji. I already informed the teacher of your absence using the excuse of discussing class matters….So, Class-D won't lose any points because of this… not like they have anything to lose."

Chabashira-sensei  ended her words with a sharp jab while chuckling to herself, before once again looking at her stoic faced student with a serious expression on her face.

"About the matter of why I called you…. Let's just say, you gained some curiosity in me. I just wanted to talk to you about some matters. Of course, you are not bound to stay here. The door is open for you to leave any time. No one's stopping you."

With a smirk on her face, Chabashira-sensei got up and went towards her counter. 

"Do you want some tea, Ayanokouji?"

Without waiting for his response,  she carried two cups filled with warm black tea and served him with a smile on her face.

'Using a beverage as a catalyst to make me stay here? Smart and Cunning… Now, I have to stay here and listen to her till the tea is finished…

Well, not like it matters to me. I can walk away any time I want. But I'm quite interested in this teacher of mine. So it would be best for me to stay here.'

"Thanks."

Saying his gratitude, Ayanokouji took a sip of the tip, all the while maintaining eye contact with his homeroom teacher, who was observing him with a sly smile on her face.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka… you are truly remarkable I must say.."

Breaking the silence, Chabashira-sensei praised him?

"Really? What gave you that idea sensei? I think I'm acting like a pretty normal student."

The woman scoffed lightly before sipping her tea.

"Well… realising that the school wouldn't give 100,000 points on the 1st day, asking me about the limitations of the items one could buy, scoring full marks in an exam where some questions were from a high level syllabus, stopping a student who is well trained in basketball and has a decent build with great ease, and with one gaze shutting off a whole class… I'd say all these feats make you worthy of this title, doesn't it?"

"You sure keep tabs on everything I do Sensei… Is being a Stalker your part time job?"

Not being a little bit offended by his question, Chabashira nonchalantly smiled at him and replied.

"Well… as a teacher, I must keep tabs on all my dear students right? I don't think this relates to stalking of any sorts.."

'I see…. She keeps tabs on all of her students huh…That sure is troublesome....'

"Is keeping tabs on all of your students only related with the present situations or do you know about their past as well?"

Hearing this sudden question, Chabashira's eyes widened for a second before it started gleaming with anticipation and excitement.

"What if I say I know about the past of every single student of mine? Is there any problem with that?"

With a relaxed posture her eyes were only fixated on her brown haired student who went silent for a couple seconds, before he looked back up. His nonchalant expression was nowhere to be seen, as his eyes were filled with seriousness.