Chapter 39: Little miss mysterious

Alexander's POV

I couldn't sleep, somehow my mind kept repeating everything that happened last night. At least what could have happened. I almost kissed her.

What was I thinking?

I turned to my side to find Zoe still sleeping. She looked so beautiful when she was asleep. I wanted to move the strands of her hair a little farther from her face, just so I can stare at her.

What was wrong with me? I'm turning into a creep.

I needed to get her out of my head.

It was just infatuation, eventually, I'd be over it. Maybe I'm just getting a soft spot for her because we have been spending too much time together. I'm not falling in love with her.

I didn't have time for this, maybe some distance between us was what we needed. Having her move out of my house wasn't enough.

This was a lot harder than it sounded. I was drawn to her like a magnet.

If I wasn't going to sleep, the least I could do was get out of bed.

Lisha had some big event planned that she wouldn't tell anyone about. I honestly can't wait to get off this trip, I've never met a woman more annoying in my life. I wonder how Steven puts up with it. If that is marriage, I'm glad I'm not in it.

I went out for a walk trying to clear my head. I came back just as confused.

When I returned, Zoe was still laying in bed. Smiling to herself and staring at the ceiling. If I didn't already know she was crazy, I'd say that she has lost it.

"You should get ready, we'll all be waiting downstairs," I said to her.

She smiled and walked to the bathroom.

I couldn't help but shake my head. I wonder what was wrong, she isn't usually this happy in the morning.

While we waited for Zoe, we were all just socializing in the anteroom.

"Is everyone ready? We are going on a yacht for the day. It's going to be so amazing; we have a spa and everything ready for the ladies, not to mention the wine." Lisha announced.

Cindy looked excited, I noticed Zoe backing away. She was definitely up to something.

"I won't be joining you today; I am feeling a little bit sick. I cannot even look at the water right now, it will just make me want to throw up." Zoe announced.

Can't even look at water? She was in the pool yesterday. I knew she looked too happy this morning, I am not saying this as a narcissist. Something is going on.

"Well, I'll stay here and look after you," I announced.

"Yes, we'll just have to cancel today and maybe go tomorrow," Cindy suggested.

"No, you should go on without me. I would not want to mess up your day." Zoe insisted.

"It wouldn't be the same without you anyways," Steven said.

Right now, she was cornered, whatever she was planning wasn't going to happen.

"I'm pretty sure you all have better things to do than to babysit me. When are you going to start planning your wedding for example?" Zoe said.

What was she up to? She knew more than anyone else that the engagement was fake. There wasn't going to be a wedding.

"Well, that is a great idea. Now that I think about it, Crystal Turnings also happen to be here on holiday." Lisha exclaimed.