The Mating

Her heart was racing, but her limbs were heavy. Her blood felt like fermented wine, whizzing through her brain, drugging her senses. The large hand on her hip clamped her tight, melded her closer, her soft flesh yielding around his hardness.

She sucked in her breath—his breath—as his other hand dropped around to her ribcage. He skimmed the underside of her full breast before cupping her in his searing palm. His tongue swirled against hers as his thumb circled her nipple.

He broke the kiss, dragging his mouth to her ear. "Touch me," he commanded, his breath teasing her hair. Then he brushed his tongue along the underside of her jaw, spreading his drugging kisses.

Tentatively, she walked the fingers of her right hand over his shoulders, reveling in the way his muscles tensed. A heady feeling to know she had power over him. Since her eyelids were too heavy to open, she used that hand to explore his broad back—what she could reach of it. She ran her thumb up along his pointy ears and then down, across to his chiseled jawline. When she reached the back of his head, she delved her fingers into his fragrant mane of wild locks. But she was careful not to touch him with her left hand. The few times her nixrath had come too close, he'd winced in obvious pain. And it was hard to cause him pain when he was being so gentle with her.

Without warning, he dropped back onto the mattress, pulling her halfway down. She understood why, a moment later, when his thumb was replaced swiftly with his ravenous mouth locking on her nipple. Pleasure exploded in her brain. The sound in the back of her throat was more animal than human. A sound he seemed to relish because he answered with a growl of approval. It jolted her from the small ecstasy clouding her head.

Slowly, she pried her hands from the furs either side of his head, where they'd dropped when he'd pulled her down. She sat upright, her nipples straining towards the wet warmth of his mouth. Her skin was flushed with equal parts desire and fluster. Her breath hitched as his eyes blazed a path over her breasts. And now that she was out of reach of his tongue, his hands were roaming all the places his mouth was denied. Beneath her, the nudging length of his cock foreshadowed all that was still to come.

She was trying hard to concentrate, trying to snatch at her crumbling armor. But his touches were overpowering her wits. He'd instructed her to touch him, to give in to the clawing need he knew she felt, and the feelings of guilt were falling away as he plowed through her defenses.

Merritt was her love. But Thrax was proving her obsession. And the beast in her—the lust he evoked—was very easily overmastering the gentle rectitude of love she was barely clinging to. Her grip slipped a little more as he pinched her nipple.

Then, all at once, she stopped caring and let go. It wasn't even a conscious thought. Her body was no longer hers to command. It belonged to him. A sound she didn't even recognize as coming from her own chest, broke free. She was consumed by sensation and pleasure rushing around her and through her.

She moved instinctually, her fingers dragging red welts down his muscled ribs. Down to where the plains of sinew were like smooth rock under her nails.

He was beautiful. She couldn't believe she was thinking that of a warg, but he truly did possess a face and body hewn by the loving hand of Maeda herself.

Again, he caught her unawares. With uncanny speed, he sat upright and flipped her down, reversing their positions. Now he was the one on top and she the one beneath him, her thighs splayed. She clamped her legs to his flanks and gasped at the sudden dominant weight against her sex. Adrenaline spiked in her chest, increasing her desire. He dragged his nose along her jaw, nipping and tasting her.

She licked her lips and tilted her head back, baring her throat for him. His hips nudged her thighs further apart, his hard flesh sliding over her damp folds.