T R I C K E D

The mansion we approached looked like a haunted house, it was huge and old with different-looking statues of creatures

The mansion we approached looked like a haunted house, it was huge and old with different-looking statues of creatures. Nathaniel grabbed two earpieces from his glove department, he softly tilted my chin plugging it inside my ear. Voice started chatting from the earpiece, I could hear Donovan and Carter.

"Can you guys hear me?" He asked both of them to respond to his question.

Nathaniel turned his engine off before laying his head down against his steering wheel, he was afraid also. He knows the risk, and he's aware of how much he could lose. My hand gently touched his shoulder, I was trying to comfort him but it wasn't working.

"Just promise me you'll stay with Donovan no matter what." He whispered, I wanted to say no but knowing him he wouldn't even let me walk inside the building anymore.

His head lifted from the wheel, his eyes searched mine trying to find my answer.

"I promise." I said.

He nodded his head feeling a bit more relief, his lips softly claiming mine. My hand touched his cheek deepening the kiss, it was a long, passionate kiss that showed unspoken words. He pulled back and stared at me, it looked like he was trying to memorize everything about me. He got out while buttoning his suit before walking over to my door and opening it with his hand reached out for mine, my fingers wrapped around his hand.

I waited patiently as the men tucked guns in every pocket they could fit them in. Isabella had her hand wrapped around my waist trying to comfort me but everything inside me was screaming with anxiety. We both watched as they whispered to each other, they were discussing a backup plan.

"Carter won't let anything happen to him." Isabella says, her eyes were focused on them. "He'd die for his kids."

"Aren't you afraid of losing him?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Yes, it's my worst fear but our children will always come first." She whispers, you could hear the sadness behind her voice. "It's confusing right now but one day when you have kids of your own, you'll understand what I mean."

Little does she know, I understand already.

I nod my head while turning to look at her, she felt my eyes and turned her head to return my stare. "I now understand where Nate gets his comforting prospects from." I said.

Her frown turned to a smile, she rubbed her hand up and down my arm comforting me. Both brothers appear right in front of me, Isabella softly touched Donovan's shoulder with a faint smile on her lips before walking past him to her husband. Nathaniel grabbed my cheeks brushing my hair back, his eyes watching mine intensely. His jaw clenched before he leaned over and kissed my forehead, his lips lingered on my skin for a while soaking in every second he could get with me.

He grabbed my hand and placed it in his brother's palm. Donovan had a bitter expression on his face like he was neither prepared for what might happen.

"Protect her at any cost, please." Nathaniel told his brother, Donovan nodded without any hesitation.