chapter 52

A L I T T L E C R U S H

After spending days locked in my room - with Kingsley - I finally took him for a walk.

The day after I found him I tried everything to find his owners but I didn't get much luck. So I kept him. Well at least for now.

I walked into the house, with Kingsley on a leash after a late night walk through the city.

It was just him and I.

Logan followed behind me, of course.

I haven't spoken to Katie since, feeling extremely betrayed by her. I know Antonio's her boss, I understand that. But she hid this from me. Her and Cesar.

All of them.

While I laid on my bed with Kingsley, Katie walked into my room and I sat up.

"Mr. Antonio said that he wants you downstairs for dinner."

"I'm not hungry. Tell him, that he can eat by himself," I say, petting Kingsley as I lay back down.

When she doesn't move I sigh, looking over at her.

"Please don't make me go downstairs and tell him that," she whispers, her breath coming out shakily. "Please miss Nirah."

"I'm not hungry, Katie, so why should I go and have dinner with him."

"Because you've missed the last four dinners. He is very upset and I'm afraid that this will-" she cuts herself off. "Please just have dinner with him. Ever since you isolated yourself from him, he's been very cold. Colder than usual- miss he threw a glass bottle at Cesar when Cesar misheard him."

My brows slightly knit together, as I sit him. "He what..." I slowly trail off.

"He is not happy, with any of us and I'm afraid that he'll start taking it out on the rest of us. Cesar endures most of it since they're always together but-"

"It's okay. I'll go," I assure her. "I'm sorry that he's taking it out on you all," I apologize, getting up. "I didn't realize..."

"It's okay. I'll go downstairs and let him know you'll be joining him."

And with that she leaves my room.

Why is he doing this?

I took off my jacket and started getting ready for dinner. I headed downstairs and saw him at the entrance of the room with Logan and Cesar.

I gave him a quick side eye before walking in. I sat down, listening to them spit out Italian.

"You're doing it again. It's still disrespectful," I say, crossing my legs as I stare forward while they're talking behind me.

"Nirah-"

"It's also disrespectful to keep a lady waiting," I say speaking over my shoulder.

I see him rubbing his tongue on the inside of his cheek before nodding his head towards the door.