Chapter 37

Chika intentionally came late to school after contemplating whether or not to stay at home, he was hoping Tope would already be in class, Chika's palms became sweaty with every step he took to his class, people still hadn't forgotten everything that happened, they refused to move on from the incident. Tope wasn't around either so he had no one to comfort him.

Chika finally saw Malik for the first time in class since the incident, they made eye contact for a spilt second before Chika looked away, Chika wasn't the only one hurt by the situation and it was pretty obvious but Chika thought Malik was just putting up a show.

Things were only getting worse for Chika, his classmates made sure he knew he was no longer welcomed by scribbling the word 'fag' all over him and Tope's seat.

Chika just wanted to drop his bag and leave the class but he had nowhere to go and there's was no way in hell, he'd go to SSS3 block to meet Jason.

Chika sat on the chair while guys laughed at him, only one person had the courage to go meet him; Pascal was that one person.

"Is anyone sitting down here?" Pascal asked rhetorically.

"Tope" Chika looked at him before he responded.

"I know... But she's not yet come... When she comes, I'd stand up"

"What happened to your seat?" Chika pointed at his chair.

Chika put pascal in a tight spot he couldn't come out of. "It was Olamide that wrote all this nonsense on your seat...I tried stopping him but you know how stupid he is" Pascal deflected.

Chika reluctantly moved for him to sit, but he had his guards up incase pascal wanted to try anything funny.

Short break was a nightmare for Malvin, after taking most of his tests at the vice principal's office, he ran back to class to check the answers in his textbook, before he got there, he saw beamer just outside SSS3 block so he completely forgot everything he wanted to do.

"Aren't you supposed to be in training  or you no longer do that?" Malvin asked curiously.

"We still do... But we don't have training today... Cause we have match after school" Beamer replied.

"Are you going to be playing?"

"Yeah"

"Well it's a date! I'll be there" Malvin came off as a joke but he meant what he said.

Stephanie came down the stairs and kissed Beamer on the cheek before telling him she's going for dance practices.

"Wait oh! The two of you are...?" Malvin stopped Stephanie from leaving.

"Dating? Yes" Stephanie responded with every means to make Malvin Jealous... of Beamer that is.

"So first you turn me down...now you want to steal my man?" Malvin walked up to Beamer placing his hands on his chest. Beamer was pretty cool with Malvin making sus jokes but it got real weird when people started staring. 

Stephanie laughed it off and walked away, she got to the hall late; where the dance practice was happening, Zuriel was already teaching the junior girls, so she sat behind and just watched them.

Stephanie noticed Tope wasn't there so she stopped them to ask of her "where's Tope?"

"She didn't come today" Sofiyah; one of the girls answered.

Zuriel ended the practice early, since Tope wasn't around "I didn't even know Tope didn't come today" Zuriel told Stephanie after the girls were gone.

"To be honest, they all look the same" Stephanie sided with Zuriel. "How far you and Malvin?"

"I remember when he asked me out last term during our excursion, I don't know if he still remembers" Zuriel said

"I thought he was gay as per he said Beamer was his crush, but with the way he was calling Lateef 'faggot', I don't know anymore."

"He wass obviously joking, why would he even want to be gay?" Zuriel asked ignorantly.

"Well it's not something you want or choose-" Stephanie stopped talking when Chika passed by the hall.

Zuriel called him back to ask of Tope, Chika told her the exact same thing Sofiyah said earlier.

She almost asked about the incident but Chika mentioned he was headed to biology lab for seventh period so she let him go.

When Chika left, he felt like he was being followed but he didn't want to turn around, he just kept walking, he finally came to a halt so did the person behind him.

"Why are you following me?" Chika asked.

"I wasn't, I also offer biology" Pascal showed him his biology notebook

Chika wanted to keep going but Pascal stopped him.

A bunch of SSS2 students walked passed and saw what was going on.

The tallest shouted "Pascal why you dey follow fag talk?"

Pascal gave him the middle finger then turned back to Chika "Idiots!" He exclamated.

"See if they sent you... Tell them I'm not doing"

"What the f-" Pascal laughed hysterically "Why would they send me? Guy I'm only just being friendly... And. I understand why you wouldn't want that..."

Chika walked away before he could finish, Chika felt bad for pushing away the only person that'd talk to him, but he also felt it was probably for the best.

Chika isolated himself at the back of the biology lab when he got there, Pascal grabbed a seat and sat right beside him, Chika wanted to leave immediately but he knew Pascal wouldn't let him off that easy, so he ended up staying.

Half an hour into the football match after school, no team had scored. people started leaving for their homes since no one was winning.

Malvin never stopped cheering only  Beamer throughout the game, although he did call out Jason and Timi's name maybe once or twice.

Malvin and a dozen other people were the only ones left after the match had ended.

"Where's Stephanie?" Beamer asked approaching Malvin standing in front of the pavilion.

"She left not too long ago...she gave me your uniform to hold for you" Malvin opens a knap sack with Beamer's uniform in it.

Beamer looked around to check if any girl was around before taking off his jersey top and shorts.

Malvin was stunned by the six pack Beamer was carrying and he didn't try to hide it. It was clearly written on his face.

Beamer asked for his uniform back, Malvin pulled it away from his reach, Beamer had to move closer to Malvin to get it. Malvin flinched and fell to sit on the pavillion behind him with Beamer right on top of him.

Malvin used Beamer's chest and muscles to stand up before handing him his clothes.

Zino saw everything from a mile away but ignored it. Jason came to apologize to him but Zino turned deaf ears to him and left Jason standing there.