chapter 35

Alex's POV:
It had been a long time since Charles's win in Monaco. Charles went on winning a lot of more races during the season. It was a fight for the world championship against Max Verstappen and it all came down to the last race. The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The atmosphere had been amazing but I almost couldn't comprehend what was happening. All I wanted at that time was for Charles to succeed. The way that Charles handled the race and the pressure still amazes me to this day. He had really developed during the season.

Winning the title didn't change him though. At least when it was just the two of us. I had never been more proud of him that day. He stood there at the top of the podium as the 2022 F1 World Champion with Ferrari as the winning constructor. He and Carlos had made a brilliant job during the season and clinched the title for Ferrari two races prior to the last one.

He searched me up after the podium ceremony and embraced me with a big hug. The media personnel almost had to drag him to do interviews. He just wanted to stay with me.

The after party was a mess, it all was a mess. But what do you expect from people who has been working hard and who has finally succeeded. That night is something I will remember forever. First Charles winning and achieving his long wanted dream and second just feeling so happy.

From testing in Barcelona to the last race in Abu Dhabi my life changed completely and for the better. I didn't know I could be this happy and that I could love someone this much. Charles was one of the most loveable people I knew and everyday he suprised me with the love he gave back to me.

Finally Charles came back to the table we were sitting at.

-Here is you your drink babe, he said as he was giving me the glass.

We were at a New Years party to ring in the new year. This year, 2022, had been insane so I was excited to see what 2023 could offer.

-You know I'm really glad I met you. This year has been incredible, I said to him.

-Yeah for me too. Like, everything I have worked for my entire life has come to this. To this dream and goal. And you, he said. That I met you. This year has really been the best.

-Yeah, but you know we'll make next year better! I said over the loud music.

He smiled and turned his head.

-You okay? I asked concerned.

-Yeah it's just I really wished everyone could be there to see it. You know, dad and Jules and just everyone. he said in a quieter voice.

-I know, I said patting his shoulder. They would be very proud of you.

-They are the reason I've come this far, he said. I couldn't have started my way to formula one without them.

I gave him a hug and he held me tight for a bit. I really felt for him.

-No more crying, he said. We are here to party!

Charles dragged me out on the dance floor. I'm glad no one really saw us since our dance moves were horrible. At least his was. I don't think I have ever seen someone dance in such a weird way. It was incredible and horrible at the same time.

The music slowed down and the intro of Yellow by Coldplay started playing. Me and Charles looked at each other like we fell in love for the first time all over again.

-Oh my god, what are the odds. I said as I put my arms around him.

-Well I'd say like a 100 of a 100 since I asked them to play this. He said and laughed.

I rolled my eyes and smirked as I pulled him in closer.

-You remember when I played this in the car with you for the first time? he asked.

-Yeah you were dropping me off at the airport in Barcelona, right? We had just met, I said.

-I was really nervous to tell you the truth about my life so I played it to calm myself down. he confessed.

-Aww that's so cute. It's good that you did because it went fine telling me even though I was very confused, I said laughingly.

-Yeah it was. I was scared you wouldn't take it as well as you did, he said and held me tighter. I really liked you.

-You know, I did too. Even though we had just met I knew there was something special about you. I'm glad I trusted my gut, I said.

-I'm glad you did too, he said and kissed my cheek.

-I forgot that we had our first kiss at that time as well, I said as I realised.

-Oh yeah. I didn't think about that either, he said laughingly.

We laughed and gave each other a kiss.

When the song was over we went back to our table. There was a lot of people and even some friends of ours around but we decided to sit down.

-You know, we should go back to Barcelona soon. I know you're going for testing in a few months but I mean like we have to go there just for vacation at some point, I said.

-Yeah, that would be fun. he said as he sipped on another drink. Barcelona is our city.

-Yeah definitely. I'd love to go to the beach again, I said.

-Mmm yeah to relive our very first argument or what? he said sarcastically.

-It was also our first "I Love You", I said trying to defend it.

-That's true but I loved you a long time before that, he said and gave me a smirk.

-Yeah, me too I think. It was hard to overcome all the famous side of you things. I said. But here we are.

-Yes Alex here we are, he said with a smile.

The time had gone fast and it was already almost time for midnight. I was excited for the party to finally get started. Everyone stood by the end of the rooftop balcony to watch out over the fireworks that would take off in two minutes. I stood there with Charles by my side ready to spend another year together with him. And hopefully a lot of more years after that.

The minutes went to seconds and all the people around us including me and Charles screamed:

-Three...Two...One...Happy New Year!

Charles grabbed my face and kissed me passionately. As we parted our kiss he leaned in to my ear.

-Did you know babe, Charles laughed. I actually left my bag on that plane on purpose hoping that you would find it and call me up.

This guy sometimes...

———