Chapter Eight | 'Curiosity Killed The Cat'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

I push the door for the mini restaurant open, the bell above it rings. It is seriously packed, I squeeze in holding onto Ares' hand so he does not loose me or the other way. He tightens his grip around me, we reach the register where we order. "I normally get the chicken Blaster," I point to the picture on the menu.

Ares lowers his neck down so his ear touches my mouth because he couldn't hear me over the yells and conversations of other customers.

"I usually get the chicken Blaster; it's delicious." Ares turns his head, his nose brushing mine, as I said it again into his ears. His lips curled, and we were the next people in line to order.

Mike smiles brightly, "Alexandra! My favourite customer, what can i get you- Ares..." His voice changes as he spoke and looked at Ares, Ares stares at him before giving him a slight nod. Mike stares down at me, gulping. What on earth was that? The smile he once had drops into fear. "Usual Alexandra?"

"Yes please Mike, and another one for Ares please. Oh and can I also get the...sorry...one second." I try to read it off the menu.

"Can you hurry the fuck up!" I turn my head and see a group of guys shouting at me for taking long, my hands begin to shake.

A shift in movement behind me happens, I look back to see Ares staring at them. Their eyes widened in fear, "sorry Ares...we never saw you...and...her..."

"Get the fuck out of my face." They rushed out, Ares turns his head back to me and gives me a nod of reassurance.

"You want the dip?" Mike smiles, I nod my head. "That will be fifteen dollars."

I open my bag, grabbing my purse before a hand stretches over my shoulders. Mike took the twenty from Ares, I turned around with furrowed brows. "I thought this was on me."

"When I'm around, that purse stays inside that bag." We collect our food from the worker and settle down onto a free table next to the window.

I slip of my jacket and put my things to the side, Ares sat opposite me. I open my wrap with a smile and dip it into the sauce before taking a bite. I instantly realise, I force myself to swallow it. "What's wrong?"

"I forgot to tell them no pickles, I hate pickles." I groan, looking down at my wrap. I open it up and begin taking out my pickles. 

"You have to try it, it's so good!" I say with food in my mouth, as I cover my hands. 

"I'd rather watch you eat instead." His leans back, resting his arms onto the table.

"You can try mine," I say. Holding out my sandwich to him, he chuckles leaning forward. His hands cover my wrist as he takes a bite from my food. Biting a bit of my finger, I gasp as he pulls away. His jaw moving to swallow the food. "I said the food, not my finger. And look, you spilt sauce all over it." 

He takes my hands and sucks onto my fingers, I felt his warm tongue. "Not anymore." He smirks.  I sigh, looking down at my wrap. 

"Ares, do you know someone called Diávolos...?" Ares continues to stare at me. 

"The silent killer?" He responds.

"Yeah, do you believe that it's a myth?" I whisper.

"Nothing is a myth." He responds, opening his sandwich. 

"I know he's real, I always see him through my window. He stares at me, and he has green eyes...just like yours." Ares' jaw tenses and I don't know if he felt jealous about me talking about another man.