- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 first time in a long time, the pouges felt like teenagers. Real, youthful teenagers. They drank, they partied, they kissed and they had an honest, good time. It was great. One of the best nights they had had in a while.

Kaz was put to sleep a couple of hours ago, which allowed his parents to do whatever the hell they wanted in the yard. For some, drunken reason JJ had an empty box over his head, and Kaci found it hilarious. He kept his arms wrapped around her as they sat on the edge of the hot tub, occasionally poking her in the belly button for fun. Usually Kaci would've told him off for it, but she was pretty out of it herself and laughed at almost everything that happened.

Eventually, JJ got up to have a playful fight with Pope, who surprisingly won. "Alright, I'm done," he said, raising his hands in the air with a laugh. "I'm out of here."

JJ nodded to him, taking another two beers from the box and jogged back over to his girl, who was sitting at a chair and laughing with her older brother and Sarah. "Hey, Princess," he mumbled, pressing a kiss to her forehead. She turned up to meet his eye with a light smile, raising her head to kiss him on the lips.

Seeing that Pope had left, Kie tried to slip away, fighting the smirk that grew on her face.

However, despite her efforts, she didn't go unnoticed. Sarahʼs eyes widened. "Really?!"

"Way to be discreet!" JJ called to them, getting comfortable as he sat on the leg of Kaciʼs chair, his arm slung around her shoulders.

Kaci laughed. "Get it, you hot tomato!"

Once they were both gone, John B shook his head and turned to JJ. "I leave, and this is what happens."

JJ pointed to himself with mock offence. "Are you blaming me?" he asked.

"Just a little bit. Uh-oh." John B looked down at his fake watch and started to stand up. "Your boy's out. Beer time."

"You guys are the ones that died, okay? Like, that was..." JJ continued to rant, staring at the other three around him incredulously.

Luis shook his head, sipping on a soda. Being the oldest out of the group, he didn't want to drink incase anyone did anything dumb. Well, more specifically, incase John B or JJ did anything dumb. He liked his sisterʼs boyfriend, though — he was a good kid at heart, and a really great father —, but Luis would be lying if he said JJ wasn't one of the dumbest humans he had ever come across. He really hoped Kaz would have Kaciʼs brains. Or not. He didn't really feel like having a serial killer as a nephew. Basically, the only good genetics Kaz had from them was their looks.

"Literally one job, JJ," Sarah said sarcastically, unable to hide her humour.

Kaci nodded, putting her freezing cold can against his cheek and making him flinch back, which caused him to fall off the chair and hit his head onto the grass. The two girls giggled, finding it way funnier than they would've if they were sober.

"Okay." JJ stood up, rubbing his hurt head, and threw his other arm out.

"No pouge-on-pouge macking," Sarah reminded him, enjoying his reaction.

"One job?"

"One job," she confirmed.

"Sarah, one job?" He shook his head, like keeping his friends from fucking was nearly impossible. "Okay — I'm not doing this, Blondie. We're out. Let's go, Princess."

Kaci and Sarah continued to giggle as the boy held his hand out for the girl. She took it with a large smile and he pulled her closer to him, directing her towards a tree that sat back and almost out of view. Kaci knew where he was taking her — the tree house. He built her tree house.