Home

The air was tense, no words exchanged between them, they knew something was about to happen, something big

They all quickly changed, their uniforms and haori's thrown on, their katanas strapped to their hips.

Right as they were about to head to the Ubuyashiki estate, (Y/n) paused, "Wait, the trio, I need to get them!"

The other Pillars were about to stop him, but he had already run towards the Butterfly Estate.

"Tanjiro! Zenitsu, Inosuke!" (Y/n) yelled, slamming the door of the Butterfly Estate open, quickly rushing in, internally apologizing for wearing his shoes in.

(Y/n) sensed they were upstairs, quickly making his was there. Time seemed to be moving in slow motion as he ran to the trio, opening the door with a slam.

There he saw them getting ready, sliding their katana onto their hips, Tanjiro being the one moving the slowest.

"Zenitsu, Inosuke, go to the Headquarters, assist the Pillars." He ordered, Zenitsu and Inosuke immediately running out, (Y/n)'s tone not leaving any room for debate.

Tanjiro looked borderline ready to cry, his hands shaking as he tried to fix his belt properly.

(Y/n) sighed to calm his own panicked adrenaline, going to Tanjiro slowly.

"Tanjiro?" (Y/n) placed his hand on Tanjiro's shoulder, Tanjiro inhaling sharply. "Are you okay?" 

Tanjiro exhaled shakily, before opening his mouth to speak, "I'm angry, scared-" He shook as he tried to get the words out, "-incredibly scared."

(Y/n) nodded his head in understanding, grabbing his belt and fixed it for him, "Well, what's something you want to do after we defeat Muzan?"

Tanjiro didn't skip a beat when he answered, "I want to go home. Back where Nezuko and I grew up."

(Y/n) hummed in thought, "Then after this battle, I promise to take you there!" (Y/n) smiled.

Tanjiro removed his eyes from the floor, looking at the Hashira next to him, admiring his courage, before letting out a brave smile of his own.

"Now!" (Y/n) grabbed his katana, handing it to him, "We cannot delay! We must join the fight!"

Once they'd reached the Ubuyashiki house, little remained of what it used to be, no one in sight.

Tanjiro sniffed, "Wait..." He walked forward, into the rubble, (Y/n) following him.

As they walked, they saw remnants of what used to be an envious estate, the smell of smoke and burning flesh making them hold their noses.

But then they saw it.