Chapter 20

Heir Duties

Heir Duties

(TW: MINOR VIOLENCE)

"SO WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?" I spoke with a smile on my face as I barged into Bradford's office as soon as morning awoke. Boxes full of items were scattered around the room waiting to be moved into another office on the west wing of the mansion.

"First, you move into this office. Then I mentor you-"

"We already established Roman would be my second hand, he can mentor me" Bradford nodded solemnly at my order.

"Looks like you'll do a great job at this, chérie" He took one of the boxes and marched out of the office leaving me alone to my thoughts. (Sweetheart)

I watched as different men grabbed the remainder of the boxes giving me glances, some with the surprise at who their new boss was and some with disgust. I didn't let either bother me. Work had to get done.

I followed the last man to Bradford's new office where he was already settling in, "Why am I here Bradford? I was told that I was needed...for what?"

"Unfortunately, we have a problem at hand" He folded his hands and placed them above his desk.

"The Irish have declared an attack on the French empire for its resources, as you must know we hold one of the biggest gun trafficking systems in the world"

"What does this have to do with me? You were doing fine without me, what happened now?"

"They found out that the French remained without a boss after the killing of your father, they took that as an opportunity to deem us weak and destroyed one of our trading ports. Killing 3 of our men in the process" Bradford continued "Our customers are angry with us, and angry customers are no good for business"

"So that's where I come in, I'm supposed to step in and handle this...and then what? When all of this is done?"

"You will have the decision if you'd want to stay or leave" He concluded with a sigh and looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Fine, what do I need to do?"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Out of all places in the world I'd never expect myself to be full in a room with men. Even less, powerful men. Men that hold cities to states and entire countries. But I had Roman by my side.

We were dressed formally, I in a skintight red dress that had his eyes wandering and him in a normal tuxedo that fitted his muscles and had my eyes wandering.