CHAPTER 102. Dead Demon Goop

Hold up!!

We must discus the important issue at hand, the matter of Lucifer.

I closed the harem, and now, allll the sudden, another hot man appears and a riot is thrown in the comment section! (Not that I blame you)

So! We shall hold a 'vote' as one reader suggested.

For those in favor, plead your case here!

Those who hate his demon guts or think it would be unwise, *shrugs* leave your none rude comment here.

Xoxo, enjoy the next chapter!!

   Cross's pov

"Raven, don't you dare drop that," I warned as she picked up the next breakable object in the vile antique shop we were in. Everything smelled... unpleasant.

Raven looked up and for a moment my breath caught. It was dark in the shop, and even without her magic, her large green eyes seemed to spark. "It's fine, I won't drop the glass swan, I know better," she turned to put it down and fumbled.

I reached out, arms going around her waist to catch her, the swan held tightly in her small hands. She laughed nervously, looking up at me. "Oops?"

"Put it down," I said and pulled back slowly. Raven rolled her eyes and obeyed, setting it back on the shelf, a flush blooming on her cheeks.

"Okay, okay, you sound like River, and you look nervous," her pretty eyes narrowed. I forced an easy going sigh and gazed at an old tapestry.

"Why would you say that?" I scoffed and walked past Raven, heading towards the door. She hurried after me.

I froze, one hand on the door, the other suddenly grabbed by Raven, her grip soft but firm. "Because, I know you, is this about Oliver?"

A chill ran down my spine. "Maybe," I said and looked over my shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "I'm fairly certain since I'm not holed up in the house he's going to show up."

Surprise filtered through me at the sudden determination that seemed to fill her and bring her to life. "Well it's fine," she let go of my hand and I slowly opened the door, letting her out first. She walked a few steps before spinning on her heel, turning to face me, arms behind her. "We can handle it together, right?"

I smiled and stepped after her, running a hand through my hair anxiously. "Right," I really didn't like anyone seeing this side of me, but I guess maybe hiding everything I felt was what got me into the mess in the first place.

My stubbornness had always been the ruin of most anything good I had found or gained through my long life. "Where are we off to next?" I asked, walking a little faster as Raven looked around with curious eyes, hardly even paying attention.

Raven wasn't as slick as she thought, it was pretty clear to me something else was going on other than Clair.

She smiled slightly, seeming carefree as she suddenly stopped and gasped, covering her mouth with her hands. "Cross! It's a pet store! Let's go in, please!" Raven pouted at me a little, eyes almost seeming to tear up from her excitement.

"We're not keeping anything, no matter how cute it is," I told her but opened the door for her. Raven rushed in and her lips parted in wonder.

I leaned on the wall and watched her run up to a small cage of kittens for people to see and pet. Raven cooed at them and tried to pick up as many as possible.

Feeling eyes I glanced over to the side, seeing a dog eyeing me. I raised an eyebrow. The fuck you looking at?

The dog cowered and pushed himself into the wall. I looked back at Raven, lips twitching. That's what I thought,