❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Warnings: Death, blood, hyperventilating, Angst

(Synopsis of the whole chapter at the end if these are triggering, I will do these for all of the future triggering / Angst chapters. I will also do them for flashback chapters since I find flashback chapters boring a lot of the time and others probably do too, and trust me, there is a lot coming up.)

——————♡——————

Xiao had already known that Ganyu and Yanfei had spread word to the others by now. He, although deep down would never outwardly admit this, may have been willing to keep their presence a secret, however his eyes weren't the only eyes to have witnessed them anymore.

In an effort to not only preserve time but also get them away from the city, Xiao had taken (Y/N) elsewhere to which they didn't complain. They only followed silently in defeat, knowing this was bound to happen and that they had only made everything worse by coming here with Aether.

Finding a secluded area lush with greenery and in which you could only see specks of the city in the distance, Xiao walked over to the only tree that stood proudly on the mound as he carefully watched (Y/N)'s every move.

Understanding this was their final destination, (Y/N) walked over to the tree before gently placing their hand on the bark. They felt the grooves along their palm and the rough texture before deeming it something they were willing to rest against. They turned around before sitting and leaning their back against the tree, opting for a comfortable position to be in as Xiao scrutinized them.

They could hear the crunching of grass as it became flattened under Xiao's footsteps, his slow approach causing them to look up at him.

"Why have you really returned? You could have hidden away." Xiao asked in a low voice, even making effort to look around as if he were expecting there to be eavesdroppers.

(Y/N) shrugged, shoulders sliding against the bark as they felt it shear against their clothes.

"I want my vision back. You don't happen to know where it is, do you? Faster I get it, quicker I leave."

"I wouldn't tell you even if I did know where it was. Why do you need it?" Xiao asked, biting his lip subconsciously.

(Y/N) rolled their eyes. "There's no reason to want what's mine. It's not like I'm going to use it for anything bad anyways."

Xiao couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh through his nose, shaking his head back and forth before his eyes lidded into a glare.

"I can't trust anything you say."

——————Flashback Start——————

The real personality of (Y/N), the one Yae Miko had always wanted to meet, was nobody impressive. When they were younger, around the time they first met Xiao, they were vulnerable and sympathetic, scared of many things despite their strengths. After an incident in their childhood, they became rather mean, sarcastic, and serious— getting over their fears quickly and taking training more seriously because they forced themself to.

Xiao knew them better than anyone and they knew him the same way. The two would always dart for one another whenever they had problems. They trusted each other more than anything, because at the time, there was no one else to trust and confide in with their traumas.

They had a mutual understanding that the two had seen lots of shit and that they would be there for one another, however one came out far more stable than the other. After all, not everyone reacts to trauma in the same way.