44

"Pfft." Shen Yu couldn't help laughing out loud. He covered his mouth, not wanting to interrupt such a big show.

Shen Yu drifted over to Shang JunLin and sat down beside him. In a low voice, Shen Yu said, "I'm surprised the King of Yue provoked such eloquent people. Open a dyeing workshop? Hahaha. He must be dying of anger...."

Shen Yu was laughing so hard he almost toppled over. Shang JunLin had no choice but to hold his shoulders to prevent him from falling.

"What girl is that? So talented."

Shang JunLin wrapped his arms around the young man who fell against him, laughing. "She's the only daughter of Minister Fang," he answered.

"Oh, she's from Minister Fang's family. Minister Fang really taught his daughter well," Shen Yu praised.

But the drama on that side wasn't over, mainly because the girl in pink refused to give up.

The King of Yue was exasperated. All he wanted was to meet Shen QingRan in private. He wasn't expecting to meet all these other people at the same time.

Recently the court had been in a state of flux, which made it impossible to approach the ministers. If not for that, he wouldn't have needed to find another way and make advances to the children of officials.

People are always defenseless against their families, and the King of Yue had picked up a lot of useful information this way. After getting a taste of success, the King of Yue made use of his usual tricks and befriended the children of several important people.

Shang JunLin told Shen Yu what the Hidden Dragon Guard had found out.

Shen Yu beckoned to the waiter to get a small dish of melon seeds. While nibbling, he said, "The King of Yue really spared no effort."

The man didn't hesitate to go into battle personally to seduce people.

When he heard Shen Yu's meaning, the corners of Shang JunLin's mouth rose slightly.

"Ah Lin should eat too." Shen Yu grabbed a handful of melon seeds and gave them to Shang JunLin.

He continued to eat while enjoying the show.

Fortunately, they were located in a small room upstairs, and there weren't many other guests there. Most of the people standing around the King of Yue had received letters from him.

None of them had any idea they'd run into such a scene when they came.

"I don't want to listen to your excuses. I'll say it here and now. You have to give us an explanation!" the woman in pink said bluntly.

The other women nodded in unison.

They were all pampered young ladies. When had they ever suffered such an indignity? If the King of Yue wouldn't give them a satisfactory answer, they wouldn't just let the matter drop.

The King of Yue's headache was getting worse. When he contacted Minister Fang's daughter, he liked her sassy personality, but it wasn't nearly as fun when it was directed at him.

The moment he stepped through the door of the private room and saw the woman in pink, he knew it wouldn't be good. And he was right. Before he could say a word, the woman bombarded him with questions that left him speechless.

If it was only the woman in pink, he could have found a way to appease her. But as it turned out, there were several other people in the room.

Before he had a chance to say anything, all he could do was retreat one step at a time.

Shen Yu nudged Shang JunLin with his elbow. "What do you think? How will the King of Yue resolve this crisis?"

Shang JunLin shook his head. Then he thought of something, and his hawk-like eyes stared at Shen Yu. "Do you know?"