Future

Virion POV:

The moment the two Scythe's aura had flared through the entire Castle, I thought we were done.

Blood splattered on the ground as the guards hopelessly fought against the seemingly invincible Scythes.

Jude once told me that even if all of the five Lances of that time came together, they would still not be able to defeat a single Scythe. I had not taken his words completely seriously. After all, who would?

But seeing these enemies in front of me, I realized how foolish and short sighted I was. No human, elf or dwarf should be this strong.

To think that Jude fought against three of them and came back alive. My memories of the day Jude arrived after his father's death surfaced to my mind. How weak he had seemed.

My second form shattered from just a single attack from the tall scythe, cracks forming around my mana core. I gasped for breath as my consciousness started to slip away.

Suddenly, Jude and Bairon burst into the area. I shut my eyes to rest, leaving everything to Jude.

__________________________________

My weary eyelids lifted up as I scanned my surroundings. I was being treated by a doctor as well as two healers. I could feel my cracking mana core mending up as strength returned to my body.

Bairon entered the room where I was being treated and informed me of what happened. I got up from my seat despite everyone's protests and said, "Let's move to the meeting room, we would have much to discuss when they get back."

It didn't take long for Jude and the lances to arrive after I settled in the meeting room. I started the meeting by talking about who should now lead the elves and the humans since their rulers are dead.

After that was decided, Jude said, "While it is still possible for us to hold out, we need to prepare for the worst case scenario. Let us start the evacuation of Etistin City."

I nodded my head in agreement to what he said. 

Arthur spoke out, "Let us excuse ourselves Commander Virion if there is nothing to discuss. All of us are exhausted from our battle against the Scythes."

Even Jude had a tired and complicated expression on his face, one that I thought I would never see in my life.

I let them go and asked for them to meet again after taking a much needed rest. 

"Lance Bairon still has an almost full core so he does not need rest, he would be joining Lance Varay in battle," Jude ordered as the rest of them shuffled out of the meeting room. 

I got up and went to my bedroom as well, hoping to rest my mind that had been buzzing with activity ever since the tragedy that occurred.

Jude POV:

I got up from my bed after just 3 hours of sleep. My mana core had been almost completely replenished in the time. I would have enjoyed a few more hours of quality sleep, but was unable to due to how active my mind was.

Cordelia really reincarnated. What should I do now? I know the history Cordelia and I have and that was one of the reasons I didn't want to confess the feelings I had for Kathyln.

But, I do love Kathyln. I really do. 

Then, why did my heart still flutter when I saw her? Why is heart beating fast when I think of her? Why do I still miss her even though my lover is sleeping right next to me?

I got out of my room and took a walk outside. I met Arthur who was also taking a walk. We always seemed to be thinking about something at the same time, not that I was complaining.