S1 Ep10: "Movie Night!"

Whenever he saw the Baby Gems and Baby Steven getting along very well, being the cutest group of babies he'd ever seen, Greg Universe would just smile in complete awe, which made him the luckiest father in Beach City. His heart would always melt whenever he saw them helping each other, playing together, sharing their stuff, giving each other hugs all around the room, or even supporting each other whenever something happened to one of them. So Greg decided that this day… would become a special one.

It all started when he returned home to the Beach House after shopping for groceries. He had a grin on his bearded face as he walked in and saw his cheerful son, Baby Steven sitting on the living room couch as if he were waiting for his dad to come home.

“Heyo, Schtu-ball!” Greg greeted as he closed the door behind him.

“Hi, daddy!” Baby Steven replied as his father placed down the groceries and an unusual looking package. “What's that thing?”

“Oh, this? It's a rental movie on VHS.” Greg answered as he picked up the small box. “I thought maybe you and the Gems could watch a movie together. I even brought my old TV in the van, and popcorn too.”

Baby Steven squinted his eyes as he tried to read the title on the front cover of the slip-sleeve VHS box.

“Hmm… Dog-Copter and the Treasure Thieves.” Baby Steven read while looking as he looked upon the very Dachshund and the many evildoers he'd face on the cover.

“Yep! I know how much you love Dog-Copter, bud. So I got the new film for you and the Gems to watch.” Greg stated as he put away the groceries in the cabinets and fridge. “And cheaper than going to the theater!” 

“This is going to be fun!” Baby Steven exclaimed, holding the movie up in his little arms.

Some time later, when it was getting close to sundown, Greg was working on connecting the cords and adjusting settings for the TV to allow everything to function properly. The Baby Gems were getting themselves ready for their little movie night in their playroom, collecting pillows, soft comfy blankets, bottles of milk and juice to drink, and their favorite stuffed animals, so they can have the best movie-watching experience ever. 

“MAN... this is gonna be amazing!” Baby Amethyst smiled happily as she plops onto the pile of pillows that were gathered. “And I think I heard from the slide that there will be popcorn!”

“In a bit, Amethyst.” Greg chuckled as he messed with the wires and cords behind the TV.  “Just got to… connect here… but from the red… and the white… but where does this… and…”

The television's bright-blue screen flashes on, showing that Greg's hours of fiddling with the wires have worked in the end. The Baby Gems applauded at his accomplishment.

“Waytago, daddy!” Baby Steven cheered happily. “Now we can watch the movie!”

“You better believe it, Schtu-ball!” Greg chuckled as he placed the VHS tape into the player.

Suddenly, loud beeping was coming from downstairs. It was the microwave. The popcorn was done popping and ready for the Baby Gems to enjoy while watching the movie.

Greg went downstairs and came back up with small bowls of popcorn for the Baby Gems to snack on during their movie. As he handed Baby Pearl her small light-blue bowl, she seemed confused.

“Greg, don't mind me asking but… why did you bring out your old TV and this movie for?” Baby Pearl asked as she placed down her bowl. “And out of the blue for that matter.”

“Well, Pearl, you and the rest of the Gems have been staying by one another's side through thick and thin for the past few months.” Greg explained with a small smile on his face. “I'm proud of you guys, so I wanted to reward you for that.”