𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟮: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 |𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟭|

Eric's pov

Waking up next to Cebell made me feel different. It made me feel whole again. The missing pieces to my life are finally fulfilled. She brought something back inside of me that I never thought I had. 

Ambition and love.

She is the one that keeps me going. Ever since we crossed paths, it has changed us both. And for the better. I think there were a few times when we crossed paths, and she didn't even know it. I could only recall one time that I had seen her. It was the middle of the night, and I decided to take the subway back to the agency. The case was going cold, and there was hardly a lead. I needed to find a certain file. 

When she entered the subway, I could have sworn I saw something in her. I didn't know what it was, but her scent threw me off. At the time, I didn't know she was half-vampire and half-human.

Staring at her serene face made my heart flutter a bit. I knew this was the day we would make our final stand against all of the vampire kind. Not only to bring back the sun but to free and revive all of humanity. 

I gently slid myself out of the covers, trying not to wake her. As much as I wanted to stay with her forever just at this moment, I still had things to do.

I silently made my way across the room and got dressed. I pulled out a new suit and went to the washroom. After showering, combing my hair, and getting dressed, I heard a knock at the front door. I stood there for a second. The knocking continued. 

It was quite odd for anyone to be showing up at eight in the morning. 

I opened the door cautiously to see, Madeline. 

"Madeline, I thought I told you long ago, 'not to seek me out.'" I placed a hand on the frame of the door. If she was going to try something, she was not going to get away with it.

"Relax, 'Prince Charming', I'm not here to hurt you or your girl," she rolls her eyes. I highly doubt that, after all, she's sleeping with Ivan. 

"Eric?" I heard a familiar voice. My head slowly turned back to see Cebell, but of course, she put something on. 

"Madeline?" Cebell stood at the bedroom doorway and continued to wipe the sleep away from her eyes.

"Back to what I was saying. . ." Madeline crossed her arms. 

"Sweetheart, go back to bed, I'll be right there." I gave her a reassuring smile. She nodded and closed the door. Why did I just call her that? I mentally cursed to myself. 

I turned my head back to Madeline and decided to hear what she has to offer. 

"So. . . Home run already?" she questions with a sly smirk. I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the werewolf. She knew how to start a conversation. Sarcasm noted. 

"Madeline. She almost died because of Ivan, do you even understand who you're sleeping with?" I questioned. Why did Madeline have to go into detail?

"So you claimed her as your own? Ha! What a saint. You took her under your wing, only to get her killed." Madeline smirked. I was already starting to get annoyed with her. What did she mean by that?

"Enough with the games. What did you really come for?" The feeling of being scorched alive in lava, sizzling, bubbling. That is how I feel right now. She pushed my buttons too many times. 

We once were friends, but that is long gone now!

"I came here to help you." I then raised my eyebrow at her explanation. This is about to get interesting.