xlvii. Connected

연결된

연결된

MINA GRUNTED AS she helped Jungkook inside Master's quaint apartment, her senses immediately being filled with the scent of tea and eucalyptus. She felt extremely weak, as did Jungkook as his arm laid around her shoulder, his face still in pain with blood trickling down his skin.

They had no idea why they felt so drained, along with why they couldn't heal faster. It must have been from the machine they were trapped inside the day before courtesy of Shadow, which must have stripped them of their normal strength. The two weren't even able to detect the villain an hour earlier.

"Goodness, you guys look terrible," remarked Master as he and Mina helped Jungkook onto the cushion on his tatami floor in the living room. "I saw the news. It seems like Shadow's already made himself active. And it seems like the two of you don't have your powers entirely back."

Mina glanced at Master who began to clean Jungkook's cuts as she sat on the floor. "Master, something happened earlier... when we, uh, held hands," she felt her cheeks turn red, "It felt like we got our strength back, even if it didn't last very long."

Master nodded, almost not surprised at her words as he continued to dab some disinfected cotton onto Jungkook's wounds.

"There's been stories in the past of two superheroes who are connected by fate, a dyad in magic. A bond unbreakable. I believe that is why you were able to temporarily heal the other earlier," Master explained.

"W-We're a dyad?" Jungkook muttered, his round eyes wide as he nervously glanced at Mina, who looked just as shocked. "Like Rey and Kylo Ren?"

"Is that a Star Wars reference?" Master pulled away and cocked his eyebrow at the boy, who timidly nodded. "Then yes, like Rey and Kylo Ren."

Mina blinked, her eyes traveling to the tatami floor. She was connected with Jungkook; it was fate that they would end up by each other's side as superheroes.

Possibly... maybe... more than superheroes?

The sound of Master standing up caught Mina's attention. "Could you continue cleaning his wound? I'm going to search for something that might give you back your full powers."

Mina hesitantly nodded and scooted toward Jungkook, reaching over him to obtain a piece of cotton that was on the coffee table. Jungkook felt his heart pace at the close proximity, her body merely inches away as he instinctively straightened his posture. He was suddenly insecure and wondered if his breath smelled okay.

Master walked out of his apartment, presumably to go to his storage unit, leaving the two in the dimly lit room, the curtains closed as usual.

Mina lightly pressed the slightly wet cotton ball onto his cheek, and because it was on the opposite side of his face, she had to lean in further. Seeing her slight struggle, Jungkook tilted his face toward her, his nerves skyrocketing as it made the space between them get smaller, enough to feel her breath on his face. His eyes met hers for a second before he awkwardly cleared his throat, looking away. It was the first time he had some alone time with her, besides when they practically yelled at each other the day before. It made him nervous, almost as if he was finally facing his true feelings in front of who was once his best friend. Are we still best friends? I have no idea.