💠1

Reyna

I picked up my pace running as fast as I could with soldiers chasing after me into the dark silent woods.

Luckily, I'm already miles ahead of their horses. But not for long.

I could hear their galloping horses on the ground with every step I took.

"Don't let her escape!! Catch her!!" One yelled.

I sped up even more and I gasped as the air hit my face. I didn't have enough strength in me anymore to run but I had to.

Unfortunately for me, a tree trunk hooked my cloak. I wanted pulling it off because the soldiers were now few distance away from me.

If I took the cloak off, they'd surely find out that I was here so I went back to the tree to pull my cloak off.

"There she is!!" I looked up to see the knights on their horses now coming my way.

I struggled with the cloak but it didn't budge. Now, they were on my tail and there was no way I could do anything.

My body tremblef with fear; my heart pumping blood heavily inside me and sweat dripping from my face down to my neck, I wasn't able to think things through calmly.

And now, the soldiers all surrounded me and I could do nothing.

"My Lady." Sergeant Flynn began. A higher rank soldier from the batch on his shoulder. "Your presence is needed in the palace."

I pulled off my hood looking at them with a scowling expression on my face then turning back to sergeant Flynn.

"I won't go with you to that dungeon you call palace." I said.

"But it's your parents ord..."

"Aren't you listening?" I cut him off before he completes his sentence. "I said I'm not going with you!"

"Princess I beg of you. Come with us or your father will burry me alive." He begs.

As much as I hate getting people into trouble, I just can't this time around.

Even if I come up with any reasonable excuse to run away, they would still not let me go.

"No." I made up my mind. "I am not going with you."

"Your highness please. Your wedding is around the corner and you're...."

"I said no!"

"Then you left me no choice." He says frowning.

"What?" I quaked.

Two soldiers behind me grabbed me tightly by both my arm.

"Let me go! I don't want to stay in the palace anymore!" I struggled but to no avail. They held me with a firm grip.

"Everyone back to the palace!!" Sergeant Flynn ordered getting on his horse with the rest also getting on their horses.

I struggled, yelled, cried and begged to be set free but no. Instead, they forced me upon the horse and began riding to the palace.

Because of the effort I made, my head began to throb. My life is now that of a prisoner's.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

I sat in the throne room in front of my father and mother watching how they seemed displeased.

My father paced up and down the room looking down at the floor with anger, while mother folds her arms over her chest looking at me with a stern look in her eyes.

They were silent for a long while instead of scolding me and that made me uncomfortable.

I couldn't handle the awkward silence anymore

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say.

"Sorry?!" My father yelled as he stopped moving up and down the room. "What were you thinking Reyna?! Your marriage is fast approaching and you're still acting like a child!!"

"It's not my fault." I retorted. "I've been kept locked away from the real world for twenty good years!!"

"Reyna?!" My mother yelled. "He's your father!"

I looked down at my fingers with a frown. I don't know if I was cursed or probably I wasn't destined to live a proper life.

"I just want to see the world." I looked up at them. "Is that too much to ask?"

"Reyna?" My father sighs sitting beside me. "So many people are after you because..."

"Because I was cursed with powers that doesn't allow me to go around my kingdom?" I cut him off.

"No dear." Mother began also sitting besides me. "The prophecy was that there would be someone who'll lead our whole empire to safety. And that person is you Reyna."

I looked at the both of them. Their eyes were filled with worry and also concern.

"Then why am I getting married out of my own accord?" I stand up hastily walking away from them.

"You need protection Reyna." My mother says with a bit of irrigation in her voice.

"I know you both getting old and need someone to rule over Threlondia empire, but can't I just be a queen on my on without a king?" I pleaded.

"So the rumors would be history that the daughter of king Idan didn't get married and decided to rule Threlondia?" Father asks sarcastically. "No way."

I know what he wants for me but in this situation, I just can't take this anymore.

"Since I have the ability to control water and also some powers that are yet to be figured out, I have become an isolated princess all in the name of protection."

"Your life isn't isolated." Father says. "Just think of it as a protector's life. You need to protect your people and most importantly yourself."

I kept my head down but my heart was filled with desires and pain. I didn't want to hear any of these things nor do I want to think of any of these things.

I wish they would listen to what I have to say instead of jumping into decisions.

"Just promise me you won't run away again." Mother says.

It was a bug lump to swallow because I was planning on running away again.

I sighed and nod. They gave me a hug and then left the throne room leaving me alone.

Again.