Rookie Face Off!

No One POV:

The five members of team 7 stood in the hallway, facing Kakashi and Zabuza who were standing in front of the two doors. The silver hair ninja gave them a close eye smile and Zabuza gave them a gaze. However mentally he was glad to see his team. 

"Glad you came, Sakura, for your own sake, and the others." He said puzzling them.

"Huh?" Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura said as Y/n and Haku were waiting for either of them to continue.

"Now, you can all formally register for the Chunin exam," Kakashi said to them.

"Why? What do you mean?" Sakura asks.

Zabuza grunted annoying at them as he turns to Kakashi, "I thought you said that this girl was supposed to be a smart one? Yet she can't figure something like this?"

"Zabuza, you have to know that the exam isn't like the one from your home village as well as the time before here. Things have changed, so, naturally, they might not understand." Kakashi explained. "To answer your question. Only groups of three are allowed to apply for and take the exam. That's the way it's always been."

"The problem first was the number you guys have. With a total member of four then added to five once Haku and I came in, there was a chance that one of you wouldn't be able to take it. However, the Hokage put trust in me and Kakashi that both Haku and Y/n would be with me as 7B." Zabuza stated as the team was scared that one of them wouldn't be able to take it. Even after all the work that they put in.

"Hold on! Sensei, you said the decision to take the exam was up to the individual." Sakura added. 

"Yes, I did," Kakashi answered. 

"So, was that a lie?" Sakura asks.

"Sort of. It is an individual decision, but it affects all of you. I didn't tell all of you guys before, is because I didn't want to put pressure on you guys." Kakashi stated as Zabuza decided to turn to his squad.

"The overall aspect was that you guys would take it out of your own decision. Even though you guys have said yes there is some team that fell because one of them only did it out of feelings and not personal." Zabuza said as Haku nodded in understanding. "So... if one of us including the members on squad A decided to decline...Then neither of us would be able to take it."

"In a way, it would make sense. We have an odd number even though there's a total of five. Each squad has a total of three and we have five having a squad of two would almost even it out, but if one of us decided to not take it, then the ratio would be thrown off." Y/n said as the others including Senseis nodded.

Kakashi looked at them before speaking, "Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto, Haku, and Y/n. I'm proud of you. I couldn't ask for a better team. Good luck."

He stepped out of the way as Zabuza walked to Haku and Y/n.

They waited for him to speak when suddenly Zabuza hugged them. "Haku, at first I only considered you as a weapon as you agree to it. For years you would do your best for me, but now it's my turn. I've always been grateful to you, but I never show as to expose the memories that you have and the hunger for power that I wanted."

Haku shake a bit, "Zabuza-Sensei."

"Y/n, we were enemies, yet you showed kindness as well as fanning over someone like me." Y/n blush from the moment that he remembered that he thought that he kept it to himself.

"Even to now when we fight on the bridge and from falling you gave us kindness and hope. That made me stop as I realize that I've failed and now I can see a moment where Haku can have a better future than what I have. Now it's my turn to help you." Y/n's eyes were watering as he spoke something that lifted Zabuza. "Thank you, Zabuza-Sensei."