Chapter 22: Rumors

~ו×~

~ו×~

You slowly ran to the only place where you found solace in past weeks, the lake. The lake where Jungkook brought you. Every sunset you atleast tried to squeeze it into your very tight schedule. You're here for the very same reason from your past visits. Only now, you not only miss him but also because of the pain the king's revelation has inflicted.

Her

Jungkook has met someone. That's the only plausible reason why he acted so cold towards you. The only reason why he never really paid attention to you let alone look at you. You chest hurts even more making you sit on the shore. You took off your shoes and slips your feet into the cool water, hoping it would ease you. You thought you learnt your lesson from Yoongi and Hoseok but here you are falling inlove with a royal again.

Your chest hurts and your eyes starts welling up. In no time, tears started rollimg down your cheeks. Your nose starts to get red and so is your face. Back when you cried because of Yoomgi, it was because of betrayal not because of someone else, being a third party. You cried because you loved him and he betrayed you.

Now, you never thought it could get any worse. But for you, this is way more painful. Not only is Jungkook unaware of your feelings but also you never really had the chance to confess to him. What were you thinking? If you confessed to him, then what? What will he do? Ofcourse you are way out of his league. Before, you had the chance with a royal. But now that you're just someone, you cannot be with him. Someone who's way above you. Not just a noble but a royal, again.

You let your tears roll as much as you want silently. But your shoulders shake and so does your hands. You shut your eyes and wipe away your tears.

Tis' not the time to cry.

You comfort yourself.

You inhale and exhale slowly. You always calmed yourself like this. You wish Sunoo was around. He always cheered you up. You look around and the sun has already sun. You were too occupied with your crying that you didn't realize that the sun was already setting. The fireflies started to appear. The soft glow reflecting in your eyes. No wonder Jungkook finds this beautiful.

Ofcourse you wanted to stay more but a pair of boots starts trudging towards the lake. You pray it's not who you think it is. You quickly removed your feet from the water and picked up your shoes. Right when you stand up, you see his figure.

Jungkook wasn't suppose to come here. His feet led him here. No, he's lying. The maids have told him you always come here. He thought he might only watch you from afar but you seemed to be crying from where he was. He watch you wipe your eyes, your shoulders shaking and your sniffles.

You were crying.

Without even thinking, he starts walking to you. Jungkook sees you picking up your shoes from your side. You rise from where you are seated and greets you with a bow.

"Good evening your highness," you say and walked away barefeet.

Though your eyes didn't meet his, Jungkook saw your red nose. He got a glimpse of your swollen eyes and swollen lips. It only confirmed that you were crying.

He grabbed you hand and turns you to face him. "Are you alright?" He asks.

You finally stare into his eyes. Your eyes glosses over again. You slowly pull yoir hand away from his touch. It was soothing yet painful.

"I am your highness. I need to go," you quickly take you leave.

Jungkook runs after you.

"Hey—" Jungkook starts.

You turn to him and smiles, genuinely smiles.

"Congratulations your highness," was all you said and ran.

You finally let yourself walk away. Whatever his reasonnis for being there and whatever he is thinkinh, you push it out of your head.

He met someone

Whether he needs to know your feelings or not, it won't matter anymore.

Since Sunoo won't be with you tonight, you wanted to be lazy. Atleast just for today. The heartbreak makes you want to not move at all. So you strip down naked, only in your underwear and went straight to your bed, covering your body with the thick blanket. It atleast soothed you in a way.

You hear the rain getting stronger and stronger as the night deepens. You had no choice but to wear your thick night gowns to sleep. But you hadn't had your dinner yet. Your stomach complains at it's emptiness but you knew the kitchen is already closed at this hour.

I'll let it pass through the morning.

You tell yourself and willed your body to go to sleep. With still teary eyes, you just hope that this will not last long.

By morning, you were up early to eat your breakfast. You were starving and you know you have a lot of work that needs to be done. Although you didn't get enough sleep, you were able tl wake up this early.

You walk pass the courtyard to see some gardeners doing their work. Everyone were busy talking about something. Your interest got piqued so you ealk towards them hoping you could hear their subject too.

"Lady Y/n," two of them greeted you. The others followed.

"Good morning ladies amd gentlemen. I sorry to bother you. I just wanna know what you're all talking about,"

They all looked at each other in panic.

"It's okay. I was just passing by when I heard you talking. Don't be afraid," you coax them.

"Well, we heard a news that a royal is to be wed by the end of this season madamé," the man answered.

"Who could it be?" You ask.

"Twas' only a rumor madamé but rumors like this needs to start from somewhere else. This early morn, some of the king's officials were gossiping about it till it reached the maids in the north wing,"

You only nod. Knowing that they too know nothing. You said your good byes and walks to the library where Jake is waiting.

Prince Jungkook

It has to be him. He said he wanted the king to meet the woman.

You're at a lost for words as you quietly walk down the halls. Your mind flying and your heart breaking even more.

•••