1. Sold

یہ زندگی بھی عجیب ہے نا ؟ صاحب
اک دن مرنے کے لیے پوری زندگی گزارنی پڑتی ہے۔

***

This life is weird, isn't it? Sir!
You have to live your whole life just to die one day.

***

"Next is your turn," Maalik (master) said as the girl nodded her head. She was sitting quietly on a chair in the makeup room. Hooriya stared at her henna-clad hands, the maroon color stood out on her pale skin. She was donning a gorgeous long fancy skirt with a blouse, it was heavily embellished. The work on it was expensive.

She was their most thriving pawn. The girls who were dancing now were just a start, Maalik (master) loves to make his customers wait before dropping the bomb on them and Maalik's bomb was none other than Hooriya. The dancer everyone awaits to get a glimpse of.

She had lived her whole life in a brothel. She was allowed to study till twelfth grade. After that, she was made to work as a maid at the brothel. The dance teacher there taught her dancing and with time she was known in the brothel as the most graceful dancer.

The first time she performed, she already snatched the hearts of many men.

Maalik was the proudest. He had told her countless times that when she would turn 18 he would sell her off but luckily she earned a name in those mehfils (gatherings) where she danced. When the income rolled in; high, Maalik decided to keep her as a main dancer until her demand was high in these gatherings.

The days passed and then slowly many vultures wanted to buy her. In some twisted way, Maalik used to think of her as the Jaan (life) of their brothel. So when she begged him to spare her, he turned down all the offers but in compensation Hooriya had to work double. She would dance the full night until her feet would give up on her.

But she would dance her whole life if this could save her from those monsters behind those rich respectable faces.

Her mother brought her into this world and died after birthing her. She was born in the cage of this brothel. Maalik (master), was a shemale and the boss of this brothel. It was the rule of the brothel, whoever child was born in this life would serve in this brothel for at least thirty-five years. Then after that, they can leave. But how could someone leave with no soul in their bodies?

"Come on," A voice called and she stood up padding towards the door. The music was loud and blasting through the air as she took in deep breaths to control her emotions and when she opened her eyes again. She was numb.
She plastered a beautiful smile on her face and just when the beat dropped white smoke billowed on the stage as she took her place in the center of the stage just as the smoke cleared a little, the beat shoot up and there was a loud chorus and hooting as she danced with other on her sides.

The song changed and the other dancers left her side. She stayed fierce and confident. Twirling among the crowd of men who were now on their feet trying to get closer. Few of them were throwing wads of cash in the air, within seconds there was money pouring on her like rain as she danced. Their evil laughter, those sinister whistles, lust-full gaze, everything was so overbearing but she bears it all. She had to.

This was her life.

No other way out.

By the time the song was riding its high, the mass of men was immensely close to her. She still danced and finally her soul fluttered back to life when the song ended. The smoke covered the whole place again and she immediately ducked away from the group of men.