028***

***TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF DRUGGING AND SA!

march 19th, 2024
10:49 pm

"ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?" Jalen asked Kevin Porter Jr

"ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS IS A GOOD IDEA?" Jalen asked Kevin Porter Jr., his eyes on the crowd located across the street, "Ion do clubs like that anymore."

His irises narrowed at the number of people squeezed in an almost perfect line on the wall next to the neon lights that lit up the venue's entrance.

If Jalen had to estimate how big the crowd was, he would guess that there were at least over a hundred people and who knew how many were actually inside?

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

"Yeah. KJ's already in there in a section." Kevin answered, an overly excited smile on his face as he got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

Jalen sighed and returned his attention to the jam-packed front entrance before roughly grabbing his wallet out of the cupholder, "This is gonna be a shit show."

Kevin waved him off in a passive sort of manner, his pace casual towards the nightclub. "You need to blow off some steam. It's gonna be fun, trust me, kid."

At the word 'kid', Jalen paused, his heart squeezing painfully for just a half of a second before the organ started to beat normally again.

Kevin spared a glance his way, "My bad. I was just trying to-."

Jalen surged ahead, effectively taking the lead, "Don't worry about it, bruh."

The bouncer, a beefy caucasian man who appeared to be in his early thirties, easily unclipped the rope holding back the onlookers and waved the duo forward into the club.

Inside was almost as bad as Jalen worried it was going to be. It was humid and the smell was a halfway toxic mixture of marijuana, various perfumes, colognes, and sweat. The only lights were positioned strategically behind the DJ booth.

As the two men headed up to the VIP section, a divided off area that was complete with silver couches, glass tables, and two to three groupies laughing, dancing, and flirting with younger NBA rookies nearest to them.

Jalen envied them and the stupid, carefree expressions laced on their faces.

He remembered how his life was right after he got drafted, how everything was fresh and exciting, how he felt like he was on top of the world, and with the love of his life by his side.