3 Years Old

"Y/N, come here!" Your sisters yelled as you wobbled through the hallway.

Recently, you've developed a curiosity for literally anything. If there was a maid working nearby? You would sprint towards her immediately to see what she was doing. The Duke came for a business meeting? You would be right behind your mother even though she dropped you off in your room not 5 minutes earlier.

Just now, you spotted a moroaicǎ in the courtyard and you were adamant on going after it.

Right before you get to the courtyard door, Daniela manages to swiftly pick you up. All three sisters exhale in relief, happy that you hadn't opened the door and allowed the freezing cold inside.

"You were supposed to watch her, Dani!" Bela scolds her sister.

Daniela huffs in annoyance. "I did! But I looked away for one moment and she was gone."

"Then don't look away." Cassandra replied sarcastically. Daniela gives her a glare before letting you stand again, holding your hand just to be sure.

"Why did you want to go there, little one?" She questions. You glance up at her and then point to the nearby window.

"Weird person there." You say softly.

"That's a moroaicǎ." Bela informs you, kneeling in front of you. "You should stay away from them, Y/N."

"Why?" You ask, tilting your head at the blonde. Bela lifts an eyebrow.

"Because I tell you to. And they can be very unpredictable, do you know what that word means?" You shake your head. "It means they could do something at any moment that they usually wouldn't do, like attack you."

"Oh, don't listen to her!" Cassandra rolls her eyes, smirking. "Bela here doesn't like to have fun. The moroaicǎ love playing!" Bela instantly turns around and glares at her younger sister.

"This isn't a joke, Cassi. She could get injured!" Bela hisses.

"Relax, will you? She regenerates, just like Mother. It would be fine." The brunette exhales dramatically, causing you and Daniela to giggle.

"That's true, Bela." Daniela nods. You mimic her and nod as well, like you understand it too.

"I'm not gonna argue any further." The blonde crosses her arms. "Dani, get her to bed. It's almost naptime for her."

"If you say so…" Daniela says softly, picking you up and resting you on her hip. You tuck your head under her chin, making her giggle softly as she holds you tighter. Daniela brings you to your room and puts you to bed.

"Sleep tight, Little One." The redhead says, placing a kiss on your forehead. But instead of waiting for you to fall asleep, she immediately leaves and oh, that's a big mistake. As soon as the door closes, you jump up and crawl over to the side of your crib. Somehow, you manage to crawl over the railing and climb back down onto the floor. You walk over to the door and find yourself lucky; Daniela didn't close the door all the way, so you were able to just push it open and waddle through the hallway.

Seeing as Mother was gone and your sisters were busy amongst themselves, it was rather easy for you to get to the entrance of the castle. As you get to the main hall however, a maid spots you.

"Miss Y/N? Shouldn't you be asleep?" She questions, carefully walking over to you. You shake your head and keep walking to the entrance. The maid follows you with curiosity. Then, as she rounds the corner, you walk back to her.

"Please open." You say, pointing to the entrance door. The maid ponders her options for a moment. If she were to return Y/N, maybe she'd be rewarded… spared, if they believed her. But if she let Y/N go, perhaps that would mean one freak less. And no one had to know she did it.