Chapter 43

"Come here" Solenne called to her mate, Aerilyn bounced towards the Queen who quickly had her arms around the girl, "I can never get enough of you pet" Aerilyn giggled as she was attacked with kisses. They had both had their showers and were pretty exhausted, now they found themselves in the Queen's room on the bed.

Aerilyn moaned at the kisses she was receiving as she fell onto her back, "when did you become so soft?" she joked. Solenne melted at the sight before her, never had she felt this way and the bond was really going full pelt for them both. It was official. All that needed to happen now was for them to mark each other and drink the others blood.

Trailing her hand up the girls body, she stroked her face, "right around the time I met you" not long after they fell asleep, Solenne only slept for a couple of hours but she held onto her mate for the rest of the time. Some time in the night Solenne went to the library to finally look for her grandmothers journals to see if she could find out how her necklace ended up with Aerilyn's family.

She searched the library high and low for it until she eventually came across a few of her journals from across her life, the Queen scanned through the first one but found nothing, it was more about her sons growing up, the mad king and her uncle which she had read before.

The next diary she came across was about her loving marriage to her husband, Solenne's grandad who died before his time. The third and final diary led right up until her death, so she flicked through it. She found an entry that was a year before her death.

July 15th - Today whilst I was out hunting, I was ambushed by men who hunted us, they had been trying to find our kind for a while and today they were successful, they found the Queen. I ran fast but they had managed to shoot something at me, a poison of such, that slowed me down. As I limped across to a house, I came across a young couple and their two children who were little, they saw me, they quickly realised what I was, but they helped me, they took me into their home and hid me. Even as the men knocked they lied for me, I could tell they were the kindest of people.

July 17th - They tended me back to health, I learned of their names, Henry and Anne with their children Aerilyn and Eli, a beautiful family. The little girl happened to touch me today on the arm today as we played, I had a vision of her and my grand daughter Solenne meeting for the first time, I felt the bond.

"How have I not seen this before" Queen Solenne cursed herself.

July 19th- Today I am feeling a lot better, they even let me have some blood from them, in return I have given them my necklace, my favorite one, I know it will be in good hands, it was all I had to give them. The girl Aerilyn now wears it, but she will not to show it to anyone.

Solenne had read enough, she slipped back into bed with Aerilyn, mulling over her grandmothers vision. They were the only two in the family to have visions.

They woke up the next morning in each others arms, "good morning my Queen" Aerilyn smiled cheekily, but it was not that far from the truth, she was her Queen.

Solenne stretched her arms before pulling Aerilyn in tighter, kissing her forehead."good morning pet" they cuddled into each other.

They decided to head for breakfast to meet the others. "Morning" they all told each other. Ev and her mate were there, Prince Matheus, Luanna and Richard, Nilsa and Zenon. It was a full table.

Aerilyn approached the wolf cautiously, who was now looking at her calmly, both were not longer angry with the other. "Hey" Aerilyn said quietly. "I'm sorry about what happened, what I said wasn't true, not at least about you. I appreciate all you have done. I hope we can be friends" she was shy. Alpha Zenon already considered her family since Nilsa and the girl were so close.