[chapter thirty one] the girl who was born to die

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"Does Aiden know you here?" Stiles mumbled, Aires watched as his fingers gripped at the steering wheel tighter at the mention of his name.

"With you? Yeah." She shot back whilst resisting the urge to roll her eyes. 

"And where's he?"

Days had passed since they had decided on trying to change the dynamic of our relationship, it was a huge change for them and one that everyone around them had seemed to have noticed. She trusted him and he trusted her

It wasn't just them that was changing. 

Isaac and Allison were growing strangely close- so were Stiles and Alex

"At a party." 

"He'd rather be there then with you?" Stiles spat back with spite laced his words.

Instead of throwing back a sharp remark, Aires dropped her hands to her thighs, her fingers dug into her skin. He didn't understand how they worked. 

In an attempt to try to fix her friendships, she had opted out of going to the party with him, even though she desperately wanted to. With the tension so thick in the air, she wanted nothing more than to disappear, to escape.

"Where's Alex?" She threw back. 

"At a party."

"She'd rather be there than with you?" Aires was throwing his words back into his face, however, she didn't care.

"Aires-"

"Why don't we discuss something other than my relationship." She mumbled back with a bitter smile on her lips. 

"Fine." He forced out. "Have you been having more nightmares?"

A groan threatened to slip past her lips as she rolled her head to glance out of the window- the boy could never pick a simple topic. "Why not ask something about Marvel, like how Age of Ultron is coming out in a few weeks, or something about Lana Del Rey?" Those were comfortable topics, but she wasn't a good one.

"Aires." He whispered in a low rough voice. "Have you been having more nightmares?"

"They never stopped." She snapped with a scowl. 

"But you've been sleeping, right?" She knew he had noticed the dark circles that sat under her eyes.

Sleep was the one thing he worried about most when it came to her. Her whole life she had dealt with sleeping issues, that was why he always felt most at peace when she slept over at his house, he knew she would be safe. He had also become more worried about his own dreams, Aires was in all of them though it wasn't her, not the girl who was sat across from him. 

It seemed that the less sleep he got, Aires got, almost as if the fact that their dreams were connected. It was something he noticed, though hadn't brought up. There was a darkness they both felt from the other, but they were too afraid to talk to each other about it. 

"Ree?"

The question lingered in Aires mind as she debated on whether or not she should tell the truth. She wasn't sure where she was at with Stiles, though as she sat in the jeep she was reminded of why she was with him, she wanted to fix the trio she had slipped from.

"Some days." She whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"Some days I sleep, some days I don't. Though if I do, it won't be for long. I'm averaging about two hours a night. What about you Myst, what's causing the circles under your eyes?"