twenty three

quick note: sorry for the delay! i meant to publish two days ago but i still had to edit some new things and my professor popped out with a surprise exam so i had to cram a study session 🥲. i hope you enjoy chapter 23! okay bye bye

Aurora

I heard shuffling behind me and my eyes shot open at the sound of someone sniffling. I turned around and there was someone in my bed.

Who the fuck is this?

I shined my phone brightness and I had to catch my breath. "It's Calum fucking Hood," I whispered to myself. I thought I dreamt the entire evening yesterday but it was real. It was real and Calum Hood is in my bed. I studied his face for a bit and he was extremely gorgeous. I had the worst hangover in my life but looking at him sort of made me feel... better?

Last night was a blur and I could only remember chunks of it at the moment. What I could remember for sure was Calum is the perfect gentleman. I checked my phone and it was currently seven in the morning with the sun just starting to rise. I carefully got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror and I looked like absolute shit. I did my hygiene routine and grabbed a bottle of tylenol from behind the bathroom mirror. I poured myself a glass of water from the fridge in the kitchen and sat in one of the breakfast bar stools. I took two pills hoping they'd work quickly and texted Nataly about who I had here and checked up on her to make sure she was okay.

Okay Aurora, you have someone very special in your house, you need to make him some breakfast at least.

I went to check what exactly we had in the fridge and it wasn't enough to make something good. We've been eating out since we moved in a couple of days ago until we could go grocery shopping when I got my final paycheck from my old job.

On second thought, you could treat him to breakfast instead.

I shut the fridge and went back over to my room and checked up on Calum. He was dead asleep and cuddling with the unicorn I tossed on the floor. I was attempting to shove it in my closet before he could see it but there was no point when he called me out.

Which made me think back to seeing him standing in my room in just a towel. His body was a sight for sore eyes and my stomach fluttered when I thought about our almost kiss. "Do I have permission to kiss you, Aurora?" was what he asked me and I started smiling at the memory.

You should've said yes you idiot. 

I cringed at the fact I told him I've never kissed anyone before. That was something I could've kept to myself. "I'd like to wait until we're sober and I do it properly Princess Aurora." Woah hold on. To wait? Princess? Was I remembering that properly or am I playing tricks on myself? I'm never getting drunk again.

"Good morning," A deep raspy voice spoke aloud and scared me out of my thoughts. I looked towards my bed and Calum was slowly starting to sit up. "Good morning," I smiled. He probably thinks I was watching him sleep. "Were you watching me sleep?" He laughed lightly and I started blushing. Damn it. "Uh no, I was checking on you." "Gee thanks mom," He joked and I rolled my eyes. "Shut up," I teased and he rubbed his head as if he were in pain. I walked back over to the kitchen and grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured some water, took the bottle of pills and walked back over to my room.

I sat on the edge of my bed and handed him both items as he thanked me. He took two pills like I had and chugged the entire glass of water. "Want some more?" I asked and he nodded his head and thanked me.

I refilled the glass but instead of heading back to my room, Calum emerged from the dark and into the living room. His hair was all over the place and the shirt I gave him lifted up towards his naval as he rubbed the back of his neck. I looked at the exposed sliver of skin and looked away before he could catch me looking.