22

Rory's POV -
At lunch, we got more stares. Clearly, word got around about Edward and I. I'm pretty sure I heard one of my sisters friends, the popular one who's kinda bitchy, say that she always knew he was gay. I assume he turned her down at some point. One of the swimmers complained that "all the hot ones are gay." Which they are wrong. All the hot ones are straight. I was just incredibly lucky to get a hot one with good personality. The Cullens try to carry a normal conversation, but after a few minutes of eyes glued on us, Rosalie stood up. "Babe, what are you doing?" Klaus asked her.
"Look. They're dating. Get over it," she yells at the dining hall. It becomes quiet and she nods.
"Now they definitely won't stare."
"Shut up Klaus."
"Love you too, baby."
Funnily enough, the stares don't stop. Just yelling at people to get over it doesn't make them get over it. But it was a nice gesture.

I'm lazy, so good ole time skip

I see Edward at PE for the first time since arriving at Forks High. I didn't even know he was in this class. He joined just in time to see me kill someone or myself in badminton. I run. And occasionally go to the gym. But sports is a big no no. Particularly badminton. Where I accidentally threw the racket at one of the cheerleaders head and she got mild concussion. Which was technically not my fault, the coach gave me the racket. But it did not make me popular. Particularly not with her boyfriend. Who proceeded to make the football team hate me and Amy until his girlfriend told him to stop or she'd break up with him. They broke up a few months later anyway when he cheated on her with her best friend. Who then became his girlfriend until he cheated on her with the head cheerleader and the others formed a club against them. Head cheerleader got pregnant, but the footballer didn't want anything to do with her, so the anti-one-specific-footballer club, which was also essentially the cheer squad, took her in. It was very dramatic. And all the school could talk about for ages. Plus, I became somewhat friends with the cheerleader who I gave the concussion too. We sat next to each other for physics. She was surprisingly smart, giving the stupid act she put on. We lost touch when she switched to French. Because of her father, but that was a whole other long story.

Edward clearly wasn't sporty either. Which meant we did not make a good team. We lost every match, but nobody got concussion this time. Which is good. But I don't think I looked very hot and sexy struggling to hit a shuttlecock witch a tiny tennis racket on a thin pole. He looked brilliant somehow, despite failing miserably. He always looks great. Doing anything. When he hugged me after we lost the tournament, he was bone dry. Like, does this gut not sweat? I felt sticky and smelt like a high school locker room. But he didn't seem to have so much as a bear on him. He didn't mind my smell or sweatiness, he even kissed me on the top of my head. We didn't win, or have much fun taking part, but it was together. And we enjoyed that.

AN- If you could be any Greek God, who would you be? I'd be Hades, cos then I would only have to worry about my shit and have a great wife. Have my own domain and would only have to come to family gatherings like, once or twice a year.
You can't pray away the gay!
-Calliope Torres