────── Bonus Chapter: Wedding Day

A/N: Hello lovelies, I hope you're all doing well! This chapter was supposed to be the official epilogue to the main story but I was quite unsatisfied and thought it might be too cheesy. Now you can be the judge of that. It is very much a father and daughter bonding moment, and Junto's official debut appearance, yay! Enjoy! <33

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

A jump into the future ... 12 years to be exact.

Despite the months of planning and preparations, and Emma and Hinata's unconditional support, Akiko still felt absolutely sick with nerves. Everything had been going well, sometimes a little too well that it caused past insecurities and worries to resurface and feed into her anxious mind, making her fear that the fragile construct of happiness would burst like a bubble.

Even as she stood in front of the mirror with a beautiful white gown flowing around her legs and a veil sitting atop her brunette hair, a part of Akiko still expected trouble to come knocking down the door and steal away the things she held dear. If it weren't for the man keeping her company in the final moments before the ceremony would begin, Akiko was sure she would have lost her cool.

Standing at his full height, Junto was a good head taller than his daughter. He was clad in a sleek black suit with polished dress shoes. One of his hands was clutching onto a cane, an aid to help him walk and keep his balance. As the examinations had shown after he woke up from the coma, his legs weren't in perfect shape anymore and he would never be able to walk normally again. Yet Junto never voice any disdain, instead he was overly grateful to the universe for bestowing upon him a second chance to live his life and meet his daughter.

"You're overthinking again," noted the man, smiling at Akiko through the mirror. "Today is going to be one of the happiest days of your life. At least that was the case when I finally got to marry your mother. It might have taken us several years to get to that point, but I wouldn't have it any other way because our love stood the test of time. And the same will be the case for you and Chifuyu."

Akiko couldn't fight the smile gracing her soft pink lips. Neither could she contain the sudden need to throw herself into Junto's arms. Within the past twelve years, he had gone from being a stranger to becoming one of the most important and cherished people in her life. He had proven to be the complete opposite of Ken, with a loving nature and a stout heart and an open mind, he was decades ahead of his late brother. But Junto never learned to hate Ken the way Akiko did. He actually mourned the loss of his brother, the loss of a future they could have shared, similar yet different to how Akiko had mourned Itachi. Akiko admired her father for his capacity to love people despite the wrongs they had done in the past, and she even aspired to be more like him.

"How come you always know the right words to say?" she mumbled into his shoulder, inhaling his scent as a way to comfort herself, and she momentarily tightened her grip on his torso.

Junto chuckled. He kissed Akiko on the forehead before he answered. "I don't always know the right words. All that matters is speaking from the heart, speaking your own truth. It's the same advice I gave to you when you were stressed about writing your vows."

"And, perhaps, life has taught me many a lesson that I have come to think about these days," he added, thoughtfully.

"But... what if I fall back into old habits?" Akiko worried, and she pulled back to reveal her glossy amber orbs. "What if I decide to take off when Fuyu and I hit a bump in the road? What if I start pushing him away?"

"Has that ever affected him or your relationship?"

"No."

"Has Chifuyu ever voiced any such concerns to you?"

"No."

"And have you made any attempts to run off or push him away in the past twelve years?"

"No."

"Then what are you worried about?" Questioned Junto, carressing her cheek in a most gentle manner, like the father who was looking out for his little girl. "Could it be that you only worry because this is important to you? Because you want it all to be perfect?"

Akiko nodded. She stepped back and turned toward the mirror to take in her appearance once more - her hair pulled up in a neat bun with tiny braids in it, the natural makeup inhancing her features, and the white gown complimenting her figure. She couldn't deny that she felt wonderful in the dress, and she hoped Chifuyu would like it just as much. She could already imagine the smile taking over his face, the sparkle in his eyes when they would fall upon her approaching figure, and the way he would take a moment to admire her up close and whisper to her 'you look absolutely beautiful, my heart might give out', making sure to throw a subtle pick up line in there just like the charmer he could be.

It made Akiko's heart flutter with happiness.

"I can't help thinking about how happy you and mum were on the day you got married," she admitted, running her hands over the fabric hugging her waist before it flared out into a skirt decorated decently with elements of lace. "Everything was perfect. Mum looked the happiest I have ever seen her. And you finally got to show everyone how much you love one another. I can't help wishing for the same thing."

"You keep forgetting that one of the main reasons why our big day was as perfect as it was, was due to your dedication to make it so," Junto reminded her.

A knock on the door interrupted their moment. Emma stuck her head into the room, her eyes widened at the sight of Akiko and she clapped excitedly before she stormed inside to embrace Akiko in a tight hug. The blonde squealed loudly, jumping up and down, pretending to wipe a tear from the corner of her eye.

"You look perfect, Kiko!" She exclaimed. "I can't wait to see Chifuyu's reaction! Oh, right, I came here to tell you that the ceremony is about to start. You need to get ready."

With that, the blonde rushed back outside to take her seat in the front row. Akiko glanced at her father with a strained smile, but now she was assured that there was absolutely nothing wrong with being a little nervous.

"Keep in mind all the beautiful memories you and Chifuyu will make in the years to come," whispered Junto, offering his arm to Akiko. "You have stuck by each other's side for over a decade, you have lived through more ups and downs in life than most people, and nothing has been able to break the special bond you share. Nothing will change after today - well, aside from your last name."

Akiko smiled to herself as she followed her father toward the large double doors leading into the cathedral. Somewhere on the other side, Chifuyu, dressed in a fancy suit, his hair swept out of his face for once, stood waiting by the altar for Akiko to join him and become his wife.

"You will love each other the same," continued Junto, and he looked down at Akiko with all the love a father could harbour for his daughter. "And today, you will give each other a promise to keep this love alive until the gods decide it's your time to leave this world."

On cue, the doors swung open to the blinding white light flooding the cathedral through tall windows. With a twinkle in her eyes and love in her heart, Akiko took the first step into a future she had always dreamed of.

Dreams could become a reality after all.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

A/N: If truth be told, I am running out of ideas for bonus chapters. The third one I planned on writing isn't coming together the way I would like, so if there is anything you wish to see, let me know in the comments. Otherwise this will be it for now, and I will take the time to focus on the other stories collecting digital dust in my drafts. Thank you for sticking around my lovelies! <33