More Than Colleagues (SS)

Introduction:
Severus Snape and Y/N Y/L/N are colleagues. However, their relationship changes from Harry Potter's fourth year till the Battle of Hogwarts. Will Severus live to take their relationship further?

PS: This is a request from misskitty1912-blog on Tumblr.

Word count: 1.6k

Published: 4/20/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
Sorry for the late publication! I decided to start my new story "Capture Bonding" (SS, LM) this Monday, which is why this one shot was late.

Chapter two of Capture Bonding will be out tomorrow (Thursday)! 😇
———————————————

TW: Mentions of snake bites

It's Harry Potter's fourth year. The champions have completed their first task, and now it's time for what all the students have been waiting for - the Yule Ball!

The Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, has requested a staff meeting regarding the Ball.

"Thank you all for coming. As it's the Yule Ball in a few days, I have an announcement that will make the party a little more interesting" he says as his eyes sparkle.

Severus Snape, the Potions Master, rolls his eyes. What plan does the old man have now?

"You see, I think it shouldn't only be the students who show up with dates" Albus states. All the teachers widen their eyes.

"Albus, are you suggesting we show up with dates as well?" Minerva McGonagall questions.

"Yes, Minerva. That is exactly what I'm suggesting. Remember to find a date before the party starts!" the old man says, smiling as he leaves the room.

Severus is in deep thought. What should he do? All his colleagues are much older than him! It would be too awkward...

Well, there is one who's around his age.

Y/N Y/L/N. She's a chubby thirty-year old Ravenclaw, and she's the History of Magic teacher. She took over when Professor Binns finally decided to retire. That means all the professors are alive as they got rid of the ghost... Thank Merlin for that.

If Severus remembers correctly, she's related to Hermione Granger - Y/N is her witch aunt on Granger's mother's side, which is why they don't share the same last name as it's from the father's side.

Granger, Potter and Weasley are very good friends with their History of Magic teacher. They even seem to be best friends with her - and so is Minerva. The Head of Gryffindor often plays Wizard Chess with the young Ravenclaw woman.

She's also really good friends with her former Head of House, Filius Flitwick. The Charms teacher has even taught her to become an excellent duel champion like himself.

As a Ravenclaw, she's witty and smart. Severus also thinks she's rather beautiful.

He immediately shakes off the thought, coming back to reality. He's however surprised as the woman he has just been thinking about approaches him.

"Hello, Severus. Now that we have to show up to the Yule Ball with a date, I was thinking if you would like to go with me? As colleagues, of course" the young woman says as she smiles.

Severus sighs. "Very well, we are around the same age, so this should be less... awkward" he says. That makes Y/N chuckle.

"That is true. See you at the Yule Ball" she says before leaving.
______________________________