Chapter 20: Goodwill Event 2017, Part 3

"Kohakuchan just woke up."

Towering over Kamo, petrified in fear of Haku's crazed expression, Haku looked him dead in the eyes,

      *"You're..."

"Really annoying." Haku mocked, in a tone similar to Kamo's taunting from earlier.

      Faster than the blink of an eye, Kamo had been sent flying backwards with force into the foliage of the maze— sending many leaves and branches fluttering upon impact. The gust of wind that had been stirred up from Haku's assertive kick to Kamo's sternum, billowed throughout the pathways of the maze.

Even in the blinding sunlight of day, a gentle white glow illuminated Haku's figure as they eagerly rushed to Kamo and continued to attack with immense speed. From sheer force surrounding every punch, kick, or dragging, it became increasingly more difficult to follow Haku's swift movements. As soon as a jab would come from the left, it would be met with a secondary roundhouse kick in the opposite direction and so on.

     "That's the thing about Kohakuchan..." Gojo smirked, watching with pleasure the events on their screen since he could follow it with great detail. "Once they start laughing, no one else will be," his voice laced with a greedy desire for the suffering to continue.

     As if Kamo weighed no more than a feather, Haku violently ripped him through the air like a child's beaming the ball playing dodgeball in gym class. Their movements lacked any mercy and their constant laughter throughout sending Kamo into an endless spiral of whiplash also added to the lack of remorse. To Haku, this wasn't revenge for Kamo's actions previously— it was an act of pure impulse as a result of recalling several of Master Tengen's memories of the past against their will. Kamo was merely the vessel through which Haku sought to fight for justice in the name of all those who had suffered such ill fates of the past.

     Haku fought with their bare hands, reliant upon pure martial arts skills only and the reinforcement of strength, agility, and balance through positive energy. Kamo had entered the event with a mindset of complete domination, but he had been reduced to a feeble mass at the mercy of a first year he had set out to terrorize. Kamo had been whipped against the foliage, dragged against the ground, endured several strikes to various places on his body more times than he could recall within the past few minutes.

      His vision was becoming increasingly more blurry as Haku dealt another uppercut to his chin— biting his tongue harshly from the force of Haku's fist meeting his jaw. Despite the vast amounts of energy this all took, Haku showed no signs of weakness or stopping anytime soon. From the instructional building, the adults watched in horror and fear. All they could witness was a blurred motion moving far too fast to be captured in real-time.

      Principal Gakuganji crossed his arms against his chest as he shook his head in disapproval, "This has gone on long enough! I won't tolerate such insolence from your students any longer Gojo!"

On the screen, Haku had thrown Kamo against the wall of a dead end; finally slowing down to a speed others could follow as Haku staggered towards the nearly unconscious boy laying along the ground. Gojo retained his arrogant smile as he nodded, "I guess the fun has gone on long enough. Haku won quite some time ago anyway."

"What?!" Utahima exclaimed. "What do you mean? No flag has been captured yet."

Gojo shook his head, "That's where you're wrong. Haku stole the flag from Kamo about four minutes ago."

As the other three instructors turned their attention to the screen, squinting as much as possible to assess if Gojo had been telling the truth or not. Principal Gakuganji's eyes narrowed as he muttered, "I don't see a flag. Four minutes ago would've been when Namie first kicked Kamo."