52

It was Tuesday and I was about to go to my second appointment today.

My day has been good so far.

I was just about to go to the store parking lot, where Louis was supposed to pick me up.

When I left through the door of the school, I realized there was an unrequested surprise waiting for me outside.

There was somebody standing on the pavement.

As soon as I recognized who it was, I stopped in my tracks.

I faced the ground, trying to make my way away without getting in touch with that person at all, although it hurt me a lot. I held my jacket in my hands tightly, making my way towards the parking lot.

"Harry." the person grabbed me from behind.
"Let go." I whispered back.

"Let's talk, can we?" I took my eyes away from the pavement, turning around slowly.

"I will be late." I muttered, glancing into my mother's eyes.

"Harry-" she reached out to caress my hair, but I backed away.

"Mom. I will be late." I repeated, trying to not show any interest in my voice.

"Okay, when can we talk then? I miss you a lot." it sounded genuine. At least I wanted to believe it did.

"Do you?" I looked up, staring directly into her eyes. Part of me believed her, but the second part didn't want to.

"I need to go. If you want to talk we- we could meet somewhere, somewhere- all four of us." I breathed out heavily.

"Four?" she questioned.

"If you want me back in your life I am here for it, but I also think you owe an apology to someone." of course that I meant Louis.

I could live with what she said to me, but Louis didn't deserve any of it. He didn't do anything wrong. He stood up for me the first time, and then he just wanted to tell my mother about-

He just deserved a proper apology from her.

"Goodbye." I turned around, walking away with swift steps.

I felt bad for leaving her standing there, but I had the right to go away. I was still angry with her and apart from that, I had to go anyway.

•••
Louis' hand was holding mine tightly as we were sitting in the hallway of the hospital.

I sighed loudly as I took a look around. Two weeks until the start of my chemotherapy.

"What's on your mind?" Louis whispered into my chestnut curls.

"Nothing." a single tear shedded from my eye.

I realized he probably knew, or at least suspected, what was occupying my mind at that moment. He kept quiet though.

"Mr. Styles." the nurse opened the door, making me jump.

"Yeah." I got up, taking Louis' hand in mine again, leading us inside the consulting room.

"Hello Harry. Mr. Tomlinson." Mrs. Dean greeted us with a smile on her lips.

"How have you been?" the doctor asked me.

Louis' thumb was sliding across my knuckles, tears coming to the edges of my eyes. But I didn't let them spill, not this time.

"Very good." I forced a smile into my features, trying to push the tears away.

"Your first trimester is almost over. Let's take a look at your baby, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Mrs. Dean didn't talk to us much today, she didn't ask much questions either. I was actually thankful for that.