Episode 9 - The rescue mission gone wrong

Hello, my beautiful readers!!🙂

First of all, I would like to apologise for not updating the story for a while. It’s been hectic for the last few days for me😅🥲

I’ve just finished my internship program (It was a fun & challenging experience) and I’m currently just finished doing my presentation slides for the end of my semester.

Hope you guys will understand with the late updateSo, here’s the new chapter ❤🧡

***********

When the rest of the students' bodies began to rise from their sitting position to check if Cheongsan really spotted the helicopter, Areum removed the blanket from her lap and was about to rise when she spotted Suhyeok offered his hand to help her. Smiling at the tall boy in gratitude, the beauty took his hand as she rose up from the floor.

Standing slightly behind Suhyeok, the black haired girl could spot a red blink light on the dark sky, fully aware that it was indeed the helicopter that both Areum and Namra heard from earlier.

“Fire. Get the fire.” Cheongsan uttered when he saw the helicopter approaching Hyosan High school. Not missing the chance of being rescued by the authorities, Cheongsan quickly went to grab the wooden plank with fire on it.

“It’s coming.” Suhyeok mentioned when he also noticed the helicopter coming their way.

“They’re coming.” Wujin frantically said as he also took the wooden plank from the lit fire, in order to grab the attention of the authorities. 

“Over here! We’re here!” 

“Over here!”

“Please help us!” 

The group of friends began to yell for help as they tried to catch the attention of the pilot in the helicopter. Some of the surviving students began to frantically wave either their arms or the wooden plank on their hands to make sure the authorities noticed them on the school rooftop. Meanwhile the two intelligent duos remained quiet as they watched the helicopter approaching the rooftop.

From the corner of her eyes, Areum could spot Daesu cautiously climbing over the rooftop wall as he shouted with determination while waving the wooden plank with the almost extinguished fire at the end of the wood. The black haired girl could see that Joonyeong was hugging the plump boy’s torso, preventing Daesu from falling off the rooftop.

“Look at us, will you?” Daesu shouted with his loud voice. 

Once the helicopter finally got closer to the school rooftop, a sudden bright light started to beam at the surviving students on top of the rooftop as wind kept coming for the swirling blade. The group of friends were covering their faces from the bright light.

The students’ bodies then followed the direction of the helicopter as Suhyeok went to get Areum to join the rest of their friends. The tall boy was only met with Areum covering her ears using her hands as both of her eyes were closed in pain due to her newly sensitive hearing. 

Slowly walking to the girl he likes, Suhyeok wrapped his arm around the beauty and led her toward their classmate. However, before the tall boy managed to move, Areum stopped him by tugging on his school blazer using her right hand, making Suhyeok turn to face her in confusion.