CONTEST: A Fantabulous Easter [closed]

Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

Easter just went by, and we are back to all work and no fun. But fret not! The fantastic and amusing tales of the Easter weekend are yet to find their way out of your hearts and minds.

ContemporaryLit is bringing an amazing opportunity to you in the guise of an Easter short-story contest. Tell us all about how your character spent the weekend-either doing something fun or perhaps engaging in some adventure.

You can choose any one of the prompts below to create an Easter-themed short story

1. You were invited to an Easter party and you are contemplating whether to go or not. Everyone else has a significant other, but you've been alone since you left college. Ultimately, you decide to go, and when you arrive, through the crowd of guests, you set your eyes on someone you thought you'd never see again.

2. It's Easter night and you have decided to head out with your friends to celebrate. You choose to conclude the night in a bar, where you're approached by a curious stranger...

 You choose to conclude the night in a bar, where you're approached by a curious stranger

1. The deadline for submission of your entries is May 15th, 2022, at 23:59 PM EST. Any submission after this time will not be accepted.

2. The word count must remain under 5000 words.

3. The entry(s) must be in English.

4. The entry must be written for the prompts given above or should have evident relation to the said prompts.

5. It cannot be a pre-written story and must be written specifically for the contest. It can be a standalone story or published as a part of an already existing collection. If the story is in a collection, make sure to provide the chapter's link while submitting the form.

6. Your story must belong to the ContemporaryLit genre, and the subgenre is up to your choice.

7. As an author, you can enter multiple stories in the contest, but only one story per author can qualify to win.

8. Mature stories are accepted for this contest.

9. Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Creativity and relevance to the prompt will also be taken into consideration during judging.

10. Your story must follow Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

Once you are ready with the story, please submit it via this FORM. Please note that only the stories submitted via the form are eligible for judging.

1

1. A shoutout on the profile.

2. Sticker(s) will be given to the winning entry(s).

In case of any queries, feel free to send a message to the profile or let us know in the comment section. Don't forget to tag your friends who would be interested in joining the contest.

Good luck and have a great time writing the story!

Disclaimer

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.