23

Edward's POV -
He looks cute sweaty. I should come to PE more often to see this. He's not an elegant badminton player, but he looks good afterwards. His beautiful earthy scent is overlaid by the smell of sweat, but I can still find it when I kiss his head. After we leave, he tells me he's going with Adrienne into the forest today. I kiss him and tell him to have fun and stay safe.
"I make no promises." he smiles and kisses me goodbye, before walking over to Addy's bike. She hands him a helmet and they ride away. I smile and get in the car. The devil's spawn comes up to my window just as I put my key in the ignition.
"Hey Eddie, open the window. Let's talk." I open the window.
"No." I start closing the window, but she puts her cast in the way.
"Listen Eddie, I don't know what you see in my brother, I really don't, but whatever he has, I can have. I have more than him. You're not gay. It's a phase, and I could make you happier than he ever could."
"You really couldn't."
"You don't know that."
"Yes I do. I know that I have been happier in the last few days with him then I have for a long time. So don't talk about me like you know me. You haven't got the first clue."
"I could if you gave me a chance."
"Just leave me alone.
"But Eddie. We're soulmates."
"No, we're not. We never were. We never will be. So leave me alone."
"But.."
"Get your arm out of the window before I drive home with it."
"Eddie." I start the engine, but she still doesn't move, so I start inching forward. That's what it takes for her to get her arm out of my car.

Rory's POV -
Addy drives us to the forest and locks up her bike. We walk to the spot she's decided and talk about death in paradise.
"Season 1 is the best series."
"But Humphrey is the best detective."
"No! DI Poole."
"Definitely Humphrey."
"America is a free country where you have the right to express your wrong opinion. But can we agree the worst DI was Neville."
"He was fine, but his storyline ran out by the end of season 10."
"Yeah. But 11 definitely got a new writer. With victims who weren't dead, it was different to the others."
"Definitely."
"Here we are. Forest scene 8."
"You've numbered the forest parts?"
"Only the interesting bits."
"Where have we been?"
"8, obviously, 7, 12, 9, 14, 23, 7 again, 9 again, 11, 14 again, 21..."
"How many numbers are there?"
"33. But some of them are small, and about four of them look the same."
"33. You have numbered 33 parts of the forest."
"No, I have numbered 33 artistic parts of the forest. 64 total."
"64! You split the forest into 64 sections."
"No, I've just numbered 64. I've sectioned it onto more. Just not numbered them. Some have letters."
"Wha- How?!?"
"I have a lot of free time."
"Clearly."
"Anyway, I heard that Jackson from the swim team is in love with Rosalie. Like head over hells in love." I laugh.
"You are a terrible gossip."
"No, I'm an excellent gossip."
"Tell me more."
We laugh and draw and talk for hours. We only leave at 6:30 when I have to meet my father and accidental egg split for dinner at the carver.
"I'm not done, you done?" I ask.
"No. You wanna come again tomorrow?"
"Why not?"
"Tomorrow after school it is. Unless you have plans with Edward."
"Not at the moment."
"Well, if that changes, text me."
"What do you know? Is he planning something?"
"Not to my knowledge."
"Phew. He can't organise twice. He paid for everything last time. I'm organising date two."
"You gotta tell him that."
"Or you could tell him."
"No, that's definitely your job. Your boyfriend. Your dating life."
"Who do you have your eye on?" I ask changing the subject.
"No one. Trust me, all the girls have an annoying fixation on my brothers. It's a big old turn off."
"Fair."
"Don't you have to be at the Carver?"
"Shit, yeah. You gotta drive me."
"Of course. I'm not letting you walk. Knowing my luck you'd be hit by a car."
"Hurry up, I'm going to be late."
"I'm going, I'm going."
"If you don't hurry up, I'm driving."
"Oh hell no."
"Why does no one want me to drive!"
"In my defense, the only person I let touch my bike alone other than myself is Rosalie and even she's not allowed to drive it."
"Okay. Now hurry up."
"If I wanted to, I could be so much quicker than you."
"Sure you could, Addy. Sure you could."