Chapter 11: Not Ready To Make Nice

For 15 hours, all Juri did was continue learning. She taught herself with the book as a guide. Leukosia made sure Parthenope or anybody disturb Juri as she was in that rehearsal room all day and night. After, Juri was able to master both keys and chords of a piano. Fast learner huh? Once she got the hang of the notes and chords, she then began to play what her father wrote on that music sheet. Even with that first graph as reference, Juri felt the song give her goosebumps. Just with that only written, it determined that it would have been a beautiful song if only it's creator had completed it. But Juri couldn't help, but add to the melody. To the point, she then decided: she would finish the work for him.

Juri would play random notes on the piano, and what sounded nice, she would combine it to the first graph, then edit. After she completed the second graph, she pulled both graphs together, playing them. It sounded really good in Juri's ears, so each time she made new melodies, she would write it down on the sheet.

Though, Juri didn't know it, but throughout the time she was adding to the song- Juri had been thinking of Jack the whole time.

****

Juri opened her eyelids, revealing the dim light seeping from under the crease of the door. She picked her head up and felt a pencil under her right hand. 

"What..?" She muttered as she looked around her. 

She had fallen asleep in the rehearsal room. Her eyes landed on the ground to find her sheets sprawled all over the floor. Shoot...it's probably past noon.

Juri stood up from the bench, and her back felt sore, but she had felt worse so it wasn't a big deal. She picked up the papers and stacked them in order on the piano. In her mind, she thanked the Gods that her papers were numbered. Seven papers now written. She had written seven pages of just notes. A wide smile appeared on her face as she felt so accomplished that she completed what her father started. Her and her father made this together. 

"I got to go show Jack!" whispered Juri in excitement. She ran to the door and out to the front. Once her hand landed on the door knob, she froze. "Wait, what am I doing?"

Well he did teach me in the beginning so... she thought. Then her thoughts led to- what if her song wasn't good? Maybe she shouldn't have add on to her father's work, afterall he had more exprience and was a professional unlike her who winged it on a knack of over 15 hours. Juri then decided she wouldn't show, anybody

Maybe...I'll go to the Springs! That should help.

.::*::.

Jack began to worry for Juri. She hadn't left the palace since early yesterday, last night, or today. She always was outdoors to help, nor did Leukosia or Parthenope spoke of her.  He planned to head to the palace, even if Juri or Parthenope doesn't let him in, he'll still find a way to see Juri. Tooth flew beside Jack as he headed to the palace.

"Where you headed?" She asked eagerly.

"The palace, I have to talk to Juri."

"Yesterday didn't go too well?" Tooth says, with a sincere look in her eyes.

Jack rubbed the back of his neck, "Eh...I think I made tensions worse. Her stubborness kicked in and she practically kicked me out I guess in way. Heh..."

Tooth put a hand on his shoulder, "Well at least we know some of her, that we know, is still in there. But fill in that gap little by little, or even more if you can. Juri will find out sooner or later, just give it time remember?"

Jack gave a slight smile, and nodded.

"Hey, I overheard Miaka saying Juri was in the Springs. You should go talk to her right now."