𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE
SPOILER ALERT : THE HERO IS DELUSIONAL

CHAPTER THREESPOILER ALERT : THE HERO IS DELUSIONAL

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

For almost a week, there was no sign of the main protagonist. Aadhya decided that's a good thing. Because she was nowhere near convincing her sister to let go of her bitterness over Rocky. If anything, all her efforts made it seem like Aadhya was somehow very much enticed by a guy she barely knew.

And that just led to an hour-long lecture from Reena. Because her sister didn't think a girl like Aadhya, who went to study law in London and would one day later takeover the legal department of her Father's company and probably be a part of the Board of directors in the near future, should know better than to give in to momentary hormonal impulses.

And no matter how much Aadhya tried to convince her otherwise, her sister wouldn't believe her. And weirdly enough, there was no jealousy in Reena's tone or eyes. There's no bitter look one would expect from a hard-headed heroine once she was to learn that someone else was taking away their destined man from them. Which, of course, was not something Aadhya was trying to do. But you get the point. Instead, all Reena had for her was a look of sympathy and weary exasperation. As though she's really concerned about Aadhya's choices in taste and her future.

So not wanting to ruin the change in the timeline more drastically than she already has at the moment, Aadhya decided to take a small break from her self-employed assignment. She hoped it would cool things down and erase any and all delusions her sister had about her nonexistent love life. And that is how Aadhya found herself in the clean courtyard, her dark head bent over the book in her hand.

Ironically enough, the book she was reading was The Godfather. Even though Aadhya had seen the Trilogy more than 5 times, she never had a chance to read the book it was adapted from. And with her being stuck in the 80s... away from everything that tethered her life to the modern world, Aadhya's left to make do with whatever she could get her hands on.

Even if it didn't soothe Aadhya's desire to see her parents and home, and probably her craving for Starbucks coffee and Ben & Jerry's ice cream, the dark-haired girl decided something was better than nothing.

The peace, however, didn't last long as Kamal came looking for her, his shadow falling across Aadhya's face as he stopped in front of her, obscuring the sunlight. Aadhya blinks at him. She had rarely talked with her Father's business partner. It seemed he had only been a few years before coming into his late Father's position. And seeing as Aadhya Desai had been in London for the past few years, he was barely considered an acquaintance.