𝟮𝟰. 𝗬𝗼𝘂?

Writer's POV

15:40

The mist is thick. Everything is quiet. Not a single sound can be heard. It seems like everyone is either dead or has left the city. 

"Hello?" A quiet voice says.

Suhyeok opens his eyes, looking around him like he forgot everything that has happened in the last couple of days. He gets up from the ground and strokes his clothes clean. Slowly, he starts to study the area around him. 

"Namra? Gyeongsu?"

No responses.  All he can remember is Hara smashing him against the wall. They couldn't have left without him, right?

Suhyeok walks deeper into the alley. He waves with his arms to make the mist disappear, but it hardly works. While doing so, a loud bang can be heard from afar. He frightens, almost bumping up to the wall besides him.

"Is there someone?" 

With quick reflexes he grabs the shovel besides him, holding it up in front of him. Footsteps can be heard. They're slow but loud. Suhyeok tightly holds on to the shovel while walking towards the sound.

"Who is there?!"

As he finishes his sentence, someone jumps forwards. He frightens a bit but keeps steady. He's now eye to eye with someone he has seen before. She's holding a shovel too just like him. 

"You?" They say in sync.

Eunji lowers her shovel while Suhyeok continues to hold it in front of him.

"Are you going to scream again just like you did last time?"

Eunji chuckles. "I didn't mean to. I swear"

"Sure" He studies her a bit. "Why should I believe you"

"Because I might be your only hope"

"What do you mean?"

She looks around him. "You're all alone here. You wont survive out there"

"You still tried to kill me at school once. How can I be sure that you wont try that again"

"Believe me. If I wanted you dead you would've been already"

The boy lowers the shovel a bit and turns around back to where he came from, not caring about the girl anymore. Eunji holds on to her shovel too as she starts to follow Suhyeok.

"Why are you following me?" He asks after a minute.

"It's boring to travel alone. Let me join you"

"I'm not alone. I'm with my friends"

Eunji stops walking. Suhyeok stops too and turns to the girl. She looks at the ground with sad eyes. 

"Did I say something wrong?" He asks.

"No, it's nothing"

Eunji smiles a bit as she walks passed Suhyeok. Together, they start to walk through the dark alley. The boy keeps giving her small glimpses to make sure that she wont try anything or to find out if...

"Are you also..a hambie?" 

"A what?"

Suhyeok clears his throat. "You know..half human half zombie"

Eunji turns her head to him. "And that's called a hambie?"

"Not officially, my friend came up with it. But are you?"

"I don't know. I haven't talked to anyone since that girl at school hit me with a plate against my head" 

Suhyeok nods a bit, curious.