Chapter 91 - trouble

- Third POV -

Katara, Sokka, and Yue are on Appa's back, flying towards a cave while following the ice poles Mizuki left as a trail. Suddenly, Katara notices a blue-ish light flash in the cave.

"Look, that's gotta be Aang!" Exclaims Katara happily. Meanwhile, the cave fills with light while Aang wakes up. Mizuki lets go of Aang and shields her eyes.

"Mizuki?" Says Aang confused as he looks around, and notices a few ropes laying around him.

"Welcome back" Grins Mizuki while hugging Aang.

"Here's your glider" Beams Mizuki while handing Aang his staff.

"Thanks Mimi. But, where am I?" Asks Aang confused.

"Zuko tried to kidnap you again" Explains Mizuki as she stands up and helps Aang get up. Aang looks at Zuko, who's whole body is frozen in ice, except for his head. Looks like Mizuki didn't go easy on him.

"The others should be here soon with Appa, I left a trail for them to follow" States Mizuki as she looks at the blizzard outside of the cave.

"Okay good. Because we need to get to the oasis, the spirits are in trouble!" Exclaims Aang worriedly. However, his expression changes quickly the moment he sees Appa arrive.

"Appa!" Beams Aang as he exits the cave and airbends himself atop Appa. Mizuki follows him.

"Uh, guys...Zuko's still in the cave, I don't think he'll make it with this weather. He's not wearing a coat either" Mentions Mizuki awkwardly as she turns around to look at the cave.

"Mimi's right. We can't just leave him here" Agrees Aang as he jumps off Appa and walks towards the cave.

"Sure we can. Let's go" Says Sokka annoyed.

"No, if we leave him he'll die" States Aang before entering the cave. He melts the ice and drags Zuko towards Appa. Mizuki helps Aang with getting Zuko onto Appa's back.

"Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Let's bring the guy who's constantly trying to kill us" Retorts Sokka sarcastically while Appa ascends.

❀❀❀

Zhao grabs Tui from the water, placing it in a sack. The moon goes red, followed by everything else. Not to far away, Pakku loses his waterbending and falls to the ground. The Fire Nation soldiers continue to attack the waterbenders, who have lost their ability to water bend.

❀❀❀

Yue grunts and grabs her head out of pain.

"Yue? Are you okay?" Asks Mizuki worriedly who begins to feel slightly feeble. Something's wrong...

"I feel faint" Replies Yue exhausted.

"I feel it too...the Moon Spirit is in trouble" States Aang as he holds his head out of pain.

"I owe the Moon Spirit my life" Begins Yue.

"What do you mean?" Asks Sokka confused.

"When I was born I was very sick and very weak. Most babies cry when they're born, but I was born as if I was asleep, my eyes closed. Our healers did everything they could. They told my mother and father I was going to die" Continues Yue.

"My father pleaded with the spirits to save me. That night, beneath the full moon, he brought me to the oasis and placed me in the pond. My dark hair turned white" Team Avatar listens curiously to Yue's story.

"I opened my eyes and began to cry, and they knew I would live. That's why my mother named me Yue. For the moon" Finishes Yue.

❀❀❀

"I am...a legend, now!" Exclaims Zhao while holding the bag with Tui in it.

"The Fire Nation will, for generations, tell stories about the great Zhao, who darkened the moon. They will call me, Zhao the Conqueror, Zhao the Moon Slayer, Zhao the Invincible!" Suddenly, Momo jumps on top of Zhao's head.

"Ugh, get it off! Get it off!" Grunts Zhao annoyed while trying to get rid of Momo. Momo flies away towards Aang and lands on his shoulder. Mizuki, Katara, and Sokka are standing behind Aang protectively. Zhao and his soldiers take on a defensive stance, readying themselves for battle.

"Don't bother" Says Zhao smugly as he lifts the sack up with Tui inside of it, threathening to kill the spirit.

"Zhao, don't!" Exclaims Aang as he drops his staff and lifts his hands up. Mizuki and Katara let go of their water pouch while Sokka drops his weapon as well.

"It's my destiny, to destroy the moon and the Water Tribe" Replies Zhao.

"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the Water Tribe. It will hurt everyone, including you. Without the moon, everything would fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash on the world" States Aang. Suddenly, Iroh approaches the scene.

"He is right Zhao" Agrees Iroh.

"General Iroh, why am I not surprised to discover your treachery?" Mocks Zhao while turning around to face Iroh.

"I'm no traitor, Zhao, the Fire Nation needs the moon, too; we all depend on the balance. Whatever you do to that spirit I'll unleash on you ten-fold. Let it go, now!" Exclaims Iroh angrily. Zhao thinks for a moment before releasing the koi fish into the oasis. Zhao hesitates for a second before striking the koi fish with a fire slice out of anger. The moon fades out and the world goes gray. Zhao looks up at the sky shocked, until Iroh begins to attack him. Iroh quickly takes out a few Fire Nation soldiers while Zhao escapes. After doing so, Iroh approaches the oasis where Mizuki, Aang, Yue, Sokka, and Katara are watching how La circles around the now dead Tui. In the background, Zuko wakes up, and goes after Zhao. Iroh looks sorrowful at the dead spirit's physical body and picks it up.

"There's no hope now, it's over" Says Yue as she looks at the dead koi fish.

"No, it's not over" States Aang in a determined tone while entering the Avatar state. He walks into the oasis and stands in a meditative stance as La circles him. Aang descends into the water. The whole oasis begins to light up in a blue-ish color and expands. All the water in the city begins to light up, filled with energy. The energy moves to the edge of the oasis, rising up to form a giant amphibious-like creature, facing out toward the sea, with Aang in the center, controlling it. Aang begins to walk through the water towards the center of the city. Pakku and other Northern Water Tribe members see Aang moving past a river, Fire Nation soldiers on one side, Pakku and his group on the other. The Water Tribe members all bow down while the Fire Nation soldiers prepare to attack. Aang, controlling the massive creature, begins to head to the ocean, laying waste to any Fire Nation soldiers on the way.

To be continued

Word count: 1.101