157: Opportunity? (6)

Chapter 157: Opportunity? (6)

Mirio surrendered. Neji's strategy was successful.

Putting his hand on Mirio's head, as the teen was on his knees with his back facing him, Neji activated ⟨Mine⟩.

This went just as he planned. Because, Mirio Togata was known for sacrificing his everything if he could save even a single life.

Neji respected that mindset because that was something he could never do. That didn't matter though, as Mirio grunted, feeling all his quirks getting yanked out, while fighting with the Vestiges to allow Neji what he was doing, Neji couldn't help but smirk.

His right hand was on Mirio's head, his left one was pointing at a kid floating in the air beside him. Mirio wouldn't try anything, knowing well that this 'villain' wouldn't think twice to fire a beam and kill the student. So he was behaving quite nicely.

Neji could see his girls looking at this sight with shocked and confused expressions, Nejire was on the verge of tears, even. But they still didn't step forward. Neji felt a bit... sad, seeing Momo looking legitimately scared, her face questioning if Neji was really... Neji. That scary conversation he had with her before might be one of the reasons too since he never acted in such a way with her. But Neji didn't find that a problem. She wouldn't do anything stupid here, and all her questions will be answered soon after this finishes anyway.

'Let's get this over with... But first, let's take care of our uninvited guest.'

Neji's gaze moved towards Kimi as their eyes locked, not long after, she hesitantly nodded.

Lady Nagant was on a mountain hill beside UA High, her sniper rifle ready to be used as she watched the white haired boy's red-aura surrounding hand rest on the blonde haired boy's head through her rifle's scope.

'He's clearly related to All for One... maybe he's that monster's illegitimate child even.' Lady Nagant noted to herself, frowning and watching as she decided what to do.

...Why was she even hesitating? That boy hurt civilians in front of her, and he was clearly the villain here. From what she understood by lip reading their conversation, that kid had a quirk similar to, if not the exact version as, All for One. Currently, the red energy that was coming out of his hand was exactly that, Nagant was sure of it.

Who would have thought her patrol would come to this? UA is located in Musutafu city, where she came using the mist-villain's wrap-gate. There, from trying to see what the commotion was about in UA, she came across this, a bunch of kids fighting amongst themselves.

Nagant watched as the blonde kid groaned, his body shuddering while the silver haired boy smiled.

...The only reason she wasn't pulling the trigger was because... he was a kid. Just a high school boy. Maybe he was being manipulated by All for One? Maybe he's being mind controlled? What if he returns back to himself the moment she fires her bullet?

Watching, as the blonde boy lightly cried in pain, Nagant sighed and shook her head, locking on target on the silver haired kid's head as she was about to fire.

But just then-

"Hasn't it been a while, Kaiana?"

Nagano froze, turning her head to her back as her throat was immediately grabbed by a strong hand, with two silver eyes glaring daggers at her.

"Just who do you think were you targeting?" said the hybrid white tiger, her eyes gleaming. "If something happened to him..."

"Ugh... who are you?" Nagant grunted, her hand returning back to normal because of the lack of oxygen.