#11

Check out my new work Tale of the Two-headed Snake.

Waking up, you looked around and found no one. Then you eventually remembered what happened last night. Your head throbbed due to stress.

"Aishh! He is so mad at me. He didn't even tell me before leaving for office. What do I do to make it up to him?" You said slapping your cheeks.

Thinking about all these things, you headed for a shower to relax. You had a cold shower. You didn't notice that you turned on the knob of cold water and the moment you realised that, it was too late.

Sneezing and coughing a bit, you came out. Wearing some formals, you decided to have breakfast. You anticipated that he went to office without eating so you prepared Tteokbokki for him. You decided to not go to the Old Age Home today as you were not feeling well.

TIME SKIP

Entering his office, you walked to reception. You bowed to the receptionist and he did the same.

"Good Morning ma'am. How may I help you ma'am?" He asked politely.

"Good morning. I am Song Y/n, wife of Taehyung. Would you please let me know if he is free right now?" You asked politely.

"Wait a minute ma'am." He said and called someone. Hanging up, he talked to you again.

"Ma'am, he is free right now. You can see him. Go straight and then left, the first chamber is his." He said and you nodded.

Reaching his chamber, you stood outside all nervous. It felt like you were going for an interview. Knocking on the door, you heard a 'come in'.

Seeing you enter, he hung up the call. You walked to his table.

"I brought you Tteokbokki. You didn't eat anything since last night." You said placing the food on his table. He didn't speak anything.

"Look Taehyung, I am sorry for being like this. I don't even know what should I say? You are right, I shall stand for myself. It was mt fault after all. Even though, you regret marrying me, I don't. I will still try to be a responsible wife." Saying these things while controlling your tears, you walked out of his chamber and drove back to your house.

TIME SKIP

Weeks passed and he is still not talking to you.

You were drowned in your own thoughts when door bell rang. You walked to open the door. But to your surprise, it was Joo Hyuk instead of Taehyung.

"Noona!" He jumped in excitement.

"Welcome Joo Joo!" You smiled at him.

"You don't come to pay me a visit so I came." He said.

"So sorry Joo Joo but I have been getting busier lately." You replied.

"Come on, get in first." You dragged him in.

"Sit, I'll bring you snacks." You said.

"No Noona. I am already full." You nodded.

Door bell rang again. You were about to go to open the door but he proposed to go instead of you.

"Hyung!" He said and hugged Taehyung tight.

"Joo Hyuk, get off me." He scolded and you were busy adoring the two brothers.

You got to hear his voice after so long. It felt like a melody to your ears.

"Hyung, I will live with you and Noona for 2 days." He said.

"Why so?" Taehyung asked straight.

"Isn't it too rude to talk like that with your younger brother?" He said while pouting.

"Taehyung, freshen up. I will serve the dinner for you." You said.

"I already ate outside." He replied and went to your shared bedroom.

"Did you two perhaps fight?" Joo Hyuk asked.

"No. Why would we fight?" You smiled awkwardly.

"Go to sleep. It's already late." You told and he went to the guest room.

You plopped on the sofa and face palmed yourself while sighing in agony. He was being too much this time. You lost your appetite just like everyday, when he denied to eat food made by you.

Tears rolled down your rosy cheeks and low sobs escaped your mouth.

"I apologised. Why is he still mad at me? I know he regrets marrying me but, he is too harsh on me." You said while choking on your tears.

TIME SKIP

Next morning

You woke up with a headache again and walked to the kitchen. Joo Hyuk also came and greeted you. You were about to open the refrigerator but everything turned black and you collapsed.

"Noona!" He shouted.

"Hyung, Noona collapsed. Come down quickly." He yelled and carried you to the guest room.

"What happened?" Taehyung ran to you.

"Y/n? Y/n? Open your eyes. Y/n?" He called out.

"Hyung, let's take her to hospital." Joo Hyuk said and Taehyung picked you up in his arms.

Joo Hyuk sat on the driver's seat. He sat in the backseat of car with you in his arms. He patted your cheeks slightly but you didn't budge. He panicked imagining the worst scenarios in his mind. He was blaming himself for your condition.

He should have just talked it out all nicely, instead of giving this silent treatment. He could have made you understand gently. He cursed himself internally. He realised your importance in his life. He knew it would be only dark if you leave him. Tears formed in corner of his eyes.

"Y/n, I am sorry. Just wake up. I love you." He mumbled while patting your cheeks.

Reaching the hospital, some ward boys and nurses came to carry you in.

Placing your body on the stretcher, he walked towards the examination room.

"Sir, you are not allowed to enter. Please wait here." A ward boy resisted him from entering in.

"Hyung, should I tell Mom and Dad?" Joo Hyuk asked.

"No. They will be worried." Taehyung replied and Joo Hyuk nodded.

TIME SKIP

Doctor came out from examination room after 1 hour. He sighed.

"Is she well now?" Taehyung asked.

"Not so good. She is too weak by now. According to our estimates, she hasn't been eating properly for around 3 weeks. She has mild symptoms of depression too. She had too much emotional stress, I anticipate. Currently, we have injected vitals in her body. She will wake up around an hour. Take care of her. Show her love and affection. If this continues, she might not be able to reproduce in future. It is affecting her health adversely." Doctor told and Taehyung widened his eyes.

"Can I meet her?" He asked and doctor nodded.

"Hyung, I will go and complete the formalities." Joo Hyuk said.

Walking inside your room, his heart clenched at your state. You looked too fragile with those several pipes and injections all around your body.

He placed his hands on his mouth to prevent himself from crying but it didn't help. Taking a seat beside you, he held your hand.

"Y/n, I love you. I really really do. I am sorry for what I did to you. I am a jerk. I don't deserve you. I promise, I won't make you suffer anymore. Please wake up. Please Y/n. I miss you. I miss your warmth. I can't see you like this. I never regretted marrying you, not even for a second. I am blessed to have you. I just said that in heat of the moment. You know my anger, right? I can't live without you. Taehyung exists because Y/n does. I am sorry." He begged continuously for an hour and cried while holding your hand.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Check out my new work Tale of the Two-headed Snake.