34: The Original Beifong

Wattpad can't upload the pic 😭. And it's a really good pic. Anyway, only the melon lord was lucky to see it bc I sent it to her insta. So.... enjoy.

It started uploading my pics again. Finally.

They landed outside the huge metal city. Bolin and Opal were the first to dismount.

" All right, let's do this ! Saving the Beifongs and saving our love, because I vow to repair the rift that has grown between us and make us whole again ! " Bolin declared staring at Opal.

Kitiara grimaced. Last thing she wanted, was for Korra to use such words to her.

Lin, who had enough during the whole ride, walked between them and separated them by giving Bolin a shove. " You. Zip it. Now. I had enough of your babble on the way in. "

" Yes, ma'am. " He looked at the ground, intimated by tbe Chief's cold statement.

They walked to the edge of the mountainside, taking cover and looking over Zaofu.

Opal frowned. " Kuvira tore down all the domes. Why would she do that ? "

Lin pulled out a spyglass, her eyes were working well but she needed some help to examine each detail of the City. " She's got a whole battalion of troops stationed there. There's no way we'll be able to spot anything useful from here. We'll have to go in for a closer look. "

Kitiara gazed at the City for a long moment before she heard a voice from behind.

" Don't bother. All the prisoners have been moved. "

Opal and Lin froze as Kitiara and Bolin turned to look at the old lady.

Kitiara smiled politely at her. " How can I help you, miss... ? "

The woman smiled back at her, thing which was considered to be strange because she was not used to be so polite and welcoming.

" You can call me Toph. Toph Beifong. "

***

Kitiara was shocked. The old lady's words replaying in her mind.

Toph, Toph Beifong.

Toph Beifong.

Beifong.

Beifong.

Toph Beifong.

She swallowed hard staring at the woman who ended up being her grandmother.

The grandmother that she never got the chance to meet.

The grandmother who never cared to see how her young granddaughter was doing.

The kyoshi warrior did not know how should she be feeling at that moment.

Should she be angry and turn her back at the older woman, or should she run to hug her and finally get to know her ?

Her grandmother wouldn't be a face for her to imagine and shape according to her wishes, anymore.

Kitiara titled her head noticing Toph's height. She knew that she was short, but not that short.

Lin stood behind her daughter and slowly messaged her tensed shoulders.

Kitiara relaxed immediately at her mother's touch. She leaned against her mother's body half seeking for comfort and half for guidance.

" Uh... hey, Chief. " Lin spoke awkwardly, her hands not leaving Kitiara's shoulders.

" Hey, Chief. " Toph reciprocated with a nod.

Opal smiled, she run and hugged her grandma tightly. " Grandma Toph ! "